new cheapo pro-tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cheapo pro-tools

Having now got totally fed up with the sound of the SCSI drive in my Akai Hard-Disk recorder, i splurged on the new cheapo pro-tools this week, with a view to using it on a new PC rather then the Akai..

I now plan to have ProTools booted up every day and ignored instead of the Akai.. Progress indeed
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

bbbooo pro tools

did you get the new mbox..

pro tools pisses me off

Comment

yep, i sure did.. and i have to agree, protools is WEAK and closed.. but, i like the idea of a USB 1.1 box that has Dig in & out - that will be usefull,, and the box comes with a shitload of software including REASON 3 and so on.. all stuff i can`t stand/have the real thing of, but for 400eu you can't really go wrong!

I will be selling it immediatly if it doesn`t chase MTC though, as all i really want it to do is work as a scratchpad and sync to the sequencer i have.. I have no intention of using it as a sequencer, i just want it to chase my master sequencer, and chain into the SPDIF MASTER fader on one of my 02r - which has a handy stereo SPDIF chain input that merges with the desk's main output..

Don't expect a load of sterile bland flat crap from me for the next few years - that is not the intention, i just want a slave audio track or 2, and PT is the cheapest (suddenly)
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

pitty its only usb and not firewire..

did you get abelton PT edition with it aswell or did you havea choice between reason & ableton?

and what have you got against reason... i like reason

Comment

i hate protools more than i hate the thought of my ears falling off

Comment

Working...
          X