anybody help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody help me

hi um im new to this forum..and was wondering does anyone have the mauro picotto set from judgement sunday in the point 2001..or the tracklisting there is a couple of tunes i need of it..please and thanks and im very sorry if i posted in the wrong place
    Last edited by eggman; Thu 21-08-2008, 11:36 PM.

i don't think we covered that night for the radio, so there would be no recording or playlists stored for it, sorry

But.. if you have a recording of it, try attaching a clip of the tunes you want to identify in the TUNES section - you may get lucky!
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2fm def done coverage it i had it years ago jules was there springer was there picotto i thnk mario piu aswell it was on a couple of weeks before creamfields 2001..ive went back through all the old updates no luck..its doing me head in..thanks anyway

Comment

Because I havent actually attended multiple continuous shows by the same DJ, is there any chance that DJ's, like Bands, would play the same or very similar setlist throughout a tour ?

You could check out setlists for other venues that were near to the date and maybe get most of the tracks you were looking for ?

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=...G=Search&meta=

^^ google search for mauro picotto setlists in 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Rikand View Post
          Because I havent actually attended multiple continuous shows by the same DJ, is there any chance that DJ's, like Bands, would play the same or very similar setlist throughout a tour ?

You could check out setlists for other venues that were near to the date and maybe get most of the tracks you were looking for ?

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=...G=Search&meta=

^^ google search for mauro picotto setlists in 2001
          thank you very much i hope i find what im looking for thanks again

Comment

Yeh.. that is a point about people playing the same kinda stuff over & over.. that WOULD be the case for most of us - different location == different audience, so you'd not break your bolix to play totally differently each time.. But, any jock worth his salt would be reading the crowd the whole way, and would change depending on how stuff was going down.. But it is logical to assume that the set would not change that much in a short time-period - especially if the DJ was far from home and his pile of free shit that comes in the letterbox..

[flamemode:ON] UNLIKE most electronic so-called-live acts, who i have seen playback the same set EXACTLY in one venue after another.. Very suspicious, and staggeringly dull after seeing it twice. This should change now Pioneer have those DVD-decks.. at least they can shuffle the running order of the tunes/videowall pieces they playback and pretend to interact with..

back to orig. topic: Mmm... are you SURE we broadcast that? i will have alook then, if you think it was early summer 2001?
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Originally posted by playthatbeat View Post
              Yeh.. that is a point about people playing the same kinda stuff over & over.. that WOULD be the case for most of us - different location == different audience, so you'd not break your bolix to play totally differently each time.. But, any jock worth his salt would be reading the crowd the whole way, and would change depending on how stuff was going down.. But it is logical to assume that the set would not change that much in a short time-period - especially if the DJ was far from home and his pile of free shit that comes in the letterbox..

[flamemode:ON] UNLIKE most electronic so-called-live acts, who i have seen playback the same set EXACTLY in one venue after another.. Very suspicious, and staggeringly dull after seeing it twice. This should change now Pioneer have those DVD-decks.. at least they can shuffle the running order of the tunes/videowall pieces they playback and pretend to interact with..

back to orig. topic: Mmm... are you SURE we broadcast that? i will have alook then, if you think it was early summer 2001?

ya mate ye def broadcast it..in 2001 maybe ye recorded the whole thing and broadcast at a later date..but i had this on tape it was def on 2fm..but i lost the tape..if you could find it..it would make my day..thank you

Comment

This is a setlist I found from when Picotto played in Newquay, summer 2001

Mauro Picotto Live From The Barrowfields, Newquay 27/07/01
                Radio 1 Dance Party 45 mins

Mauro Picotto - Luna
                Mauro Picotto - Awesome
                Gabry Fasano - Catapulta
                Fatboy Slim - Star 69 (Remix)
                Axel - Drumfiles 1.0
                Joy Kitikonti - Joyenergizer (Mauro Picotto Remix)
                Mauro Picotto - Baguette
                Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night (Gabry Fasano Remix)
                Unknown - Unknown
                Umek - Gatex

I havent a clue if any of these would be the same, but it might be a start

Also, this was a BBC radio show. I dont know, do you have any co-operation with the BBC Springer ?

I picked it up off a torrenty download site type place, so if someone has a seed for it, I'll see about getting the set to you some way aswell if it helps

Comment

Ok, i have decided i'm going to go thru' the sets i have in the magic filing cabinet of magic stuff, and at least make a list of what we have. I'll do it next week and publish a list here.. Just so we know the things actually exist, and then we can see which ones are worthy of a reload on the radio, or an accidental leak (suggestions please on how i can spoof it wasn't my fault..)

In all seriousness, RTE-PULSE is officially launching soon, and having a retro sessions slot on it isn't that crazy an idea TBH.. I'd tune in for that.. well, i wouldn't, because i'd have heard it while i was preparing it, but you know what i mean..

I shudder to think what has been erased and re-used Remember the sessions are nearly 10 years old, and the early stuff was on DAT most of the time.. DATs tend to get wiped and re-used for horrific other unrelated things Same for Minidiscs - they were the star for a while, and they were SO reused 20 times each - in fact, reused until they became so fragmented they would jam on air, and be THROWN IN A BIN THERE AND THEN! So i think anything on Minidisc is definatly lost..

Also: DAT machines are rare now, so if we don't preserve this stuff now, it will die horribly and alone in a filing cabinet in south Dublin
                  jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Originally posted by playthatbeat View Post
                    Ok, i have decided i'm going to go thru' the sets i have in the magic filing cabinet of magic stuff, and at least make a list of what we have. I'll do it next week and publish a list here.. Just so we know the things actually exist, and then we can see which ones are worthy of a reload on the radio, or an accidental leak (suggestions please on how i can spoof it wasn't my fault..)

In all seriousness, RTE-PULSE is officially launching soon, and having a retro sessions slot on it isn't that crazy an idea TBH.. I'd tune in for that.. well, i wouldn't, because i'd have heard it while i was preparing it, but you know what i mean..

I shudder to think what has been erased and re-used Remember the sessions are nearly 10 years old, and the early stuff was on DAT most of the time.. DATs tend to get wiped and re-used for horrific other unrelated things Same for Minidiscs - they were the star for a while, and they were SO reused 20 times each - in fact, reused until they became so fragmented they would jam on air, and be THROWN IN A BIN THERE AND THEN! So i think anything on Minidisc is definatly lost..

Also: DAT machines are rare now, so if we don't preserve this stuff now, it will die horribly and alone in a filing cabinet in south Dublin
                    ..thanks for everything cant wait to see the list thank you id say there is some savage gems on it..and some surprising stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Rikand View Post
                      This is a setlist I found from when Picotto played in Newquay, summer 2001

Mauro Picotto Live From The Barrowfields, Newquay 27/07/01
                      Radio 1 Dance Party 45 mins

Mauro Picotto - Luna
                      Mauro Picotto - Awesome
                      Gabry Fasano - Catapulta
                      Fatboy Slim - Star 69 (Remix)
                      Axel - Drumfiles 1.0
                      Joy Kitikonti - Joyenergizer (Mauro Picotto Remix)
                      Mauro Picotto - Baguette
                      Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night (Gabry Fasano Remix)
                      Unknown - Unknown
                      Umek - Gatex

I havent a clue if any of these would be the same, but it might be a start

Also, this was a BBC radio show. I dont know, do you have any co-operation with the BBC Springer ?

I picked it up off a torrenty download site type place, so if someone has a seed for it, I'll see about getting the set to you some way aswell if it helps
                      none of these but thanks for your help..

Comment

Working...
                      X