Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelands 1999

https://sagaseries.net/media/live/mr...eland_1999.mp3

Enjoy the 1999 Homelands set from mrspring.. ehh.. not much to add there really.. I remember VERY little. the set from 2000 is clearer for some strange reason... (answers on a postcard..) (wait, wtf is a 'postcard'?)

EDIT 2021: Link updated as files are moved to a new server - members can use the COOL STUFF link in the header to see the full collection.
    Last edited by playthatbeat; Mon 29-03-2021, 3:15 PM.
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Hows it going guys...would you know the first 3 tracks on this mix ..been driving me mad for years
    thanks in advance
    Eric

Comment

First track was a whitelabel with the word 'Witness' printed on it in black ink, nothing on the b-side label. no idea about the 2nd one or the 3rd, they sound very like the stuff MOSTIKO were doing at the time.
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Homelands 1999 RTE/EBU monitor feed from mrspring on Vimeo.

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

The Vimeo clip above is a copy of the broadcast on the day - some from the site in Co. Meath, then from back in the RTE2fm studio in Dublin. There is a chunk missing in the middle which carried more live sets, such as Laurent Garnier etc.

The later part of the clip is NOT audio from the festival, but an overnight service for the thousands of people that were heading home after Ireland's first legitimate mass Dance event - this turned out to be a dry-run for what was to become '626' - a 13 hour a week block of dance & electronic music, the first such strand on a national radio service, and one that partially survives today (2019) as RTÉ2fm still broadcasts 12 hours a weekend of new electronic & dance music..
          jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Originally posted by playthatbeat View Post
            The Vimeo clip above is a copy of the broadcast on the day - some from the site in Co. Meath, then from back in the RTE2fm studio in Dublin. There is a chunk missing in the middle which carried more live sets, such as Laurent Garnier etc.

The later part of the clip is NOT audio from the festival, but an overnight service for the thousands of people that were heading home after Ireland's first legitimate mass Dance event - this turned out to be a dry-run for what was to become '626' - a 13 hour a week block of dance & electronic music, the first such strand on a national radio service, and one that partially survives today (2019) as RTÉ2fm still broadcasts 12 hours a weekend of new electronic & dance music..

Not sure what the Video perhaps was on that link once, but i see no footage from Homelands chief??

Comment

What are the last three tunes on mr spring set? Anyone know?

Comment

No idea what the setlist from the festival is i'm afraid :/

Also, to elaborate on the Vimeo clip - at the time (1999) RTÉ was using an ad-hoc audio channel on the HOTBIRD satellite to distribute the audio - primarily from the site in meath to the studio in Donnybrook, and across europe for EBU stations to record and use. The clip You see is a recording of that channel. The TV picture is whatever was using the video portion of the channel, the audio is a 'sub carrier' being rented for 24 hours for the audio distribution. Think of it as when You switch the audio on a DVD to another language or commentary.. As You can see, the TV channel closed down after a while, and a placeholder appeared in place of video.

Although the feed used was MPEG2 & digital, the recording was made to a VHS tape on LP mode, so the quality is a bit dodgy..
                jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

What a set, this might help mate.

Madagascar - You're Beautiful (Mac Zimms Remix) [Xtra Nova]
                  Blitz - Tantra [Radar]
                  ?
                  Chakra - Love Shines Through [WEA]
                  Niels Van Gogh - Doppelganger [Kosmo]
                  Ian Wilkie vs Timo Maas - Twin Town (Main Mix) [Hope]
                  Orson W - The Love I Lost [Rewind]
                  The Headliners - Who's My DJ (Brown Trousers Mix) [AM:PM]
                  DJ Ton TB - Many Tons Overload [Massive Drive]
                  DJ Tom Stevens vs Koma Squad - Outface 2000 (Fridge Remix) [IDJ]
                  DJ Jan - X-Santo (Transa Remix) [Southeast]
                  Starfighter - Apache [Neo]

Comment

Nice one Louk, I have been trying to track down track 3 literally since 1999, got excited when I saw the track list until I realised the only one you dont know is the one Im looking for

Comment

Yeh i still dig that track! lovely chord progression. I must look for that tune next time i am very bored or moving stuff about. I stored records in DATE order, so if i find any of the others in the list, i will find that one.
                      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
                      X