• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2008

Playlist for Springsession on 2FM.
    TX:02-2-2008
    22.00-00.00

*DFuse & Hiratzka - Perfection [Club Dub Mix] (LAR005)
    *disco construction - bring it back round again [andy boph mix]
    *NAV - Synth in Bass (SexOnWax adv)
    *Marc Romboy vs tyree cooper - Lost [Original Mix] (ovum adv.) www.ovum-rec.com
    *dave robertson - solve it (cr2)
    *Virtualmismo - Mismoplastico [Serge Santiago Maxi Edit]
    *frase and koto - down the wire [orig] (insatiable insat04)
    *Omid 16B_Like 3 Ears And 1 Eye_Part 1_LP excerpt (SexOnWax)
    *TOMIC - ludaluda (yinyang YYR020)
    *agant mulder and tales - stoomboot (deal)
    *delinquent - my destiny [denis the menace and big world] (mnb)
    *stephane SIGNORE - LIFE [DELGARDO RMX]
    *olav basoski - geiger (surplus sps002) www.rootzrecords.nl
    *prada - europa (prasa pry010)
    *ronski speed - the perspective space (coldharbour clhr038) www.markusschulz.com
    *marc marberg - guarana [cressida rmx] (euphonic 10years euph083)
    *david forbes and dr willis - the kracken (detox tox027)
    *blutonium boys - use me (blutonium blu128) www.blutonium.de
    *showtek feat. EMC - raver (dutch master works dmw013)
    *ernesto & bastian - thrill (k sheehan lemon twist mix) [booty??]
    *solid silence - overtime (trance nrg tnr003) www.trance-nrg-records.com
    *second phase - mentasm (R&S)
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

So.. sometime yesterday (friday) we got the nfo that WINTER SESSION has sold out! Yes. I know. kinda messy with a week to go, and all the tickets are sold! I have had a few calls today re: helps, and i'm sorry to say we can do nothing for yez now No, not even guestlist, since there is a max capacity on the licence, and that capacity has been filled now.. We have allowed some people to WORK on the day, taking piccys for the interwebz and so on, but they will be strictly supervised on CCTV to make sure they aren't having any fun.. There will be 1 more person admitted fer nowt, and we will be doing the usual text-in stuff on the show tonite to determine who that person is..

In short: If you has a ticket, you are l33tsup3rkewl, is you has NO ticket, you have failed.

Remember: There will be NO TICKETS FOR SALE on the day. If you arrive without, you will be humiliated, and will appear in the Extras of the DVD.. Oh yes.. (by turning up without a ticket you agree..)

Remember: The whole lad will be on 2XM on DAB radio & DTT Digital TV from 5pm, and of course on the 2fm website as a stream, while the main 2FM joins us at 9pm on the Astra satellite at 28.8east 10.744H 22000 5/6, and on DAB, DTT Web and FM around Ireland.. JOIN US!!!!!!!!! ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US (etc.)
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

New Upload in the TAPES FROM THE ATTIC section - PRIVILIGE LONGFORD FEB 1999..

http://www.mrspring.info/vbulletin/s...ead.php?t=1268
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

OK.. Panic-stations! WINTER SESSION this saturday.. Exit 15 M50..

TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT!!! So if you ain't got one, you ain't getting in.. Sorry But.. You _can_ hear it all, online at http://www.2fm.ie from 5pm & on 2XM (or whatever it's called now) - which also is on DAB and DVB-t on The east-coast and testing in Cork Metro area.. 2FM picks up the coverage at 9, on FM & webstream from the 2fm.ie site, on cable, DAB Astra-2 Satellite In Europe Yadda Yadda etc.. If you have Internet access you can Hang out with Jenny Greene in the Chatroom here, and listen in to the event from 5pm on the 2fm site (or on digital if you are a flash git..) as she will be looking after the commercial-free full live streams for 2XM of the whole day.. I'll see yez all on stage from 9, then on the radio after mah set on 2FM.. We roll thru' 1am on both services, with the LATE NIGHT SESSIONS picking up the pieces from 1.

2XM will be looping the entire broadcast for most of next week (or until someone notices..) so you can catch it all over & over again on the web & on Digital next week..

Now, is that all? Yes. It is.

YAY!
        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

other WINTER SESSION STREAM

ANOTHER STREAM

rtsp://streaming.rte.ie/encoder/dab2.rm

again, it's for REAL PLAYER http://www.real.com etc.
          jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

^^ Those streams will run with a loop of the entire broadcast for the week AFTER the wintersession.. So, no excuses..

It's the Day After now - headaches and mild flu for everybody i think.. Such funs!!!

ALSO: anybody that failed to listen in to the feeds yesterday - due to the links page NOT bieng updated should COMPLAIN by email to RTE. visit http://www.rte.ie and follow the proceedure to make a complaint.

I know, we are a friendly and passive bunch, and complaining is not in our taskset, but if you don not point out these little failures, they become accepted and happen again and again..
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Sadly, the promised Loop of the DAB channel has not been possible due to a similer problem to the one we encountered on the night - someone somewhere doesn't care enough to make SURE things are as we said they would be.

So, why this amount of Fail in one weekend? Simple - Digital broadcasting in Ireland is simply not official yet. Although it exists, by proxy on SKY satellite, and testing DVB-t and DAB, OFFICIALLY it does not exist, so that means NOBODY CARES.

As long as we don't care about these things, they will continue to fail, and will be delayed. As long as they fail and continue to be delayed, they remain pipedreams, and can be easily dismissed with a simple: "sure, nobody has a [digital device] so whats the point?" Yes, i know, you are asking Why would someone not help develop MORE of whats good.. I ask the same question,every day, and have been doing so for nearly 10 years now. Well, one explination is some people are hoping it will all just GO AWAY if we ignore it.. Like VHS video or the SEGA MEGADRIVE/GENESIS games console - you know, the way EVERYTHING we own is going to be out-of-date and useless sooner or later, so if we hold off long enough on Digital radio & TV, then it will just be superceeded by the next big idea, and we will have saved ourselves alot of expense and grief by IGNORING IT.

The TRUTH is: we OURSELVES are disposable and transient. We will fail and rot as time goes by, just like everything else. If we stand still we will watch the world pass us by, but we, and the rest of the world STILL ROTS, it's just we will rot with less up-2-date gadgets, and therefore, LESS QUALITY OF LIFE and therfore we are BIENG DICKED! Life is short enough, and full of problems, the least we can do is try and improve the quality of our short stay on the planet, and try to spread some of this quality to our fellow men , women and cats. THIS my friend is why we have this website, do the radio show, keep the SESSIONSTOUR going, fight for new music and abuse our positions EVERY DAY.. And, despite the intense rivalry in all areas of entertainment, and the sometimes obvious contempt factions seem to have for each other, this same basic instinct to IMPROVE things is what drives ALL of us, it's what made all of us get into it in the first place. When something like this happens, it hurts, but we are hard basterds, and we will not forget this - because life is short, and we want more fun before it ends. amirite?

Also: the RTE website has a complaints thingy somewhere, if YOU failed to get total satisfaction this weekend on the webstreams - EMAIL AND COMPLAIN! (but make sure you have a TV licence in the household else you are just taking the piss..)
              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

INTERNAL MEMO: Re: Press Coverage After Winter Session.

2 Things: The Show archive was not working , part 2 was the same as part 1 - it's bin fixed Also: THE EVENING HERALD is either [a] a sack of shite, or [b] so wealthy it can afford to make things up about anyone it chooses, in order to sell papers.

How many papers did you sell the other night lads? Like how many EXTRA papers? None? A billion? Please, do tell us all. I really want to know what difference it made SLANDERING 5000+ people, 50+ performers, The national Broadcaster and A Fellow Newspaper.. Is it cool to mislead [insert your readership figure] people, in an attempt to sell a few more papers?

OK, here's some nice headlines for Free, on me, to help you make a few quid, and maybe pay some bills, and maybe make you feel like you are doing something with your lives:

KATIE FRENCH ETC.

ZOMBIES MOLEST BABIES AFTER 18 HOURS ON A TROLLY

COPS IN DRAG FIGHT SEA MONSTER ON LUAS

GAYBO & DUNPHY IN 5AM CRACKHOUSE SHOOTOUT

INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS EMPLOY IDIOT THAT COSTS THEM EMBARRESSING APOLOGY AND QUITE POSSIBLY THE LOSS OF ANY CREDIBILITY THEY STILL HAVE

CHINA IN FLAMES, MISSILES HEADED FOR NEW YORK

LOUIS WALSH IS ELVIS AFTER NAZI GENE-SPLICE HUMAN EXPERIMENT

RAVE RAVE GUNS GANGSTER SMACK SLASHER RAVE COPS BRAWL

NOM NOM NOM NOM DIP NIP SQUIB FLIMFLAM KATIE FRENCH

Now, lads, i am STILL waiting for my apology.. I cannot leave my house or answer the phone anymore.. I cannot sleep, i can;t eat. My sexlife is in tatters, my car hates me, and my family have disowned me. Boo Hoo.. bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl. I'm gonna self-harm.. Yeh, i'm such a bad bad man. I deserve to be LOCKED UP FOREVER. And so do all of the people who BANKROLL the evil that IS "going out for an auld dance and scoop and you-never-know-what..."

JOIN ME NOW IN A MASS SUICIDE - WE ARE EVIL - WE MUST END IT ALL NOW!!!

Protip#1: Before telling whopper lies for money, make sure you aren`t talking complete and utter bollocks.

Protip#2: Before Claiming ".. the residents were up in arms..", check with how many of the residents WERE THERE WITH US GETTING DRUNK.

Protip#3: F*ck Off.

Protip#4: We Know where YOU go at the weekends, and after work every night, and we know what YOU do in the toilets, you hypocrites!!

That is all.
                jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Still no apology from THE HERALD re: Sensationalist Bullshit reporting of our event last weekend. Yes, i know some of you (99% of you) don't read or care about the herald, but WE DO. Mud sticks my friends. So, we must clarify what REALLY went on on the night.

Currently, Sean & I are engaging in email chats with the People in the Herald, and they tell us there will be a Clarification in TOMORROWs Herald *friday 22nd* re: the misleading ill-informed pack of shite that was allowed seep into the public domain earlier this week. Only when we have seen this, and are satisfied, will we publish the article here for you to see, along with a full analysis from our far-out political correspondent, Lefty O' Sploom, who has been following the story for us.

In the meantime, think happy thoughts.

Update: Nothing Satisfactory In the HERALD this weekend, so, next week we take a step back, and invite a 3rd party to examine things for us. We *may* just walk away, we may not. Depends on how ALL OF YOU feel about how we were painted. Anyways, Keep this Frequency clear etc.
                  jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

TX:09-02-2008
                    22.00-00.00

*DFuse & Hiratzka Perfection [Club Dub Mix] (LAR005)
                    *dave gahan - deeper and deeper [sebastien leger] (mute pcdstumm398)
                    *ESTELLE - Count of Monte Cristal and Sin [den mix?] (wea)
                    *delinquent - my destiny [denis the menace and big world] (mnb)
                    *moby - alice [noisia] (mute pcdmute380)
                    *radioplastic - modern age (exceptional exec88)
                    *paul phelan - reveal [havana boys remix]
                    *disco construction - bring it back round again [andy boph mix]
                    *randy katana & mac zimms - bring it on (spinnin adv.)
                    *JordanX - ThatKidSaid (Tatoe&GrooveRemix)
                    *cor fijneman - disturbed [original] (spinnin adv)
                    *Paul Webster Presents JPW - Engaged [Alex Kunnari Remix] (FRZ007-3)
                    *phynn - this is the time (black hole adv.)
                    *Mladen Tomic - LudaLuda (yin yang)
                    *ferdy & matt van wyk - i am guilty (electronic elementselel060)
                    *prada - europa (prada pry010)
                    *deep voices - your picture (combined forces cf006)
                    *marc marberg - guarana [cressida] (euphonic euph083)
                    *josh gabriel - summit (organised nature orgn010b)
                    *david forbes & dr willis - the krackin (detox tox027)
                    *denga & manus - e-clipse (redsilver recordings 010) www.drizzly.de
                    *signum - first strike [mark norman] (a state of trance ltd. asotl002)
                    *marninx - pure sense (conspiracy conrec020) www.criticalrhythm.co.uk
                    *defcon situation II - blob (bmc)
                    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

TX:16/17-02-2008
                      21.00-01.00

** PORTABLE EDITION LIVE FROM THE WINTERSESSION, EXIT 15 m-50 **

*[Clip of Mr.Spring Set while Illusionist Freaked The Crowd out..]
                      *Marcus Schulz http://www.markusschulz.com/
                      *Ferry Corsten http://www.ferrycorsten.com/
                      *Judge Jules http://www.judgejules.net/
                      *Alex Kidd http://www.djalexkidd.com/
                      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Also: Here's some VERY bad Video i Found on mah Nokia Fone from last weekend's WINTER SESSION.. bit of Ferry On stage, A couple of Walkabouts - from the Broadcast Truck to the Backstage etc., done during Jules' set and Alex's, and a wee one of THAT stagedive and the aftermath!!

Don't be expecting any decent Sound Quality - i had my hand over the mic most of the time..

Also: i will leave these as .3gp files, so you can drag them into YOUR mobile phone and pretend YOU made them, and were therefore lurking around backstage.. Yes, you can BluTooth them or whatever too, all as done in the 'fone.. If you just want to watch them, use REAL PLAYER (same thing as for the radio show archives should be fine..) which works fine in Linux & Windows and Mac OS-X..

Linux/Windows users: Right-Click or SAVE AS
                        Mac Users: hahahahaha, enjoy your failure (or install OPERA or FIREFOX and pretend you are a PC user)

FERRY
                        JULES WALKABOUT
                        ALEX WALKABOUT
                        ALEX DIVE
                        Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 23-02-2008, 9:22 PM.
                        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

rtsp://89.207.56.39/broadcast/dab5.rm

^ This is RTE's (test) Digital Dance/Electronic Radio Service.
                          jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

TX:23-02-2008
                            22.00-00.00

*utah saints - something good [esquire] (data183cdsp)
                            *DFuse & Hiratzka - Perfection [Club Dub Mix] (LAR005)
                            *Countparis & Katherine Ellis - Poza [Olav Basoski Surplus Remix] (Dirty Soul Records)
                            *regi and bp - aaa anthem [knarf fc] (adv.)
                            *carl cox vs yousef - i want you forever [yousef mix] (cr2 12c2x068)
                            *the count and sinden - beeper [a-track] (domino)
                            *motor - 20 volts of steel [franz and sharpe ] (mute 12nomu178)
                            *bozznova - i wanna be your dog [filterheadz] (m2m d/l)
                            *garage jams - snowflake [wideboys norf] (gusto)
                            *abel ramos - jakarta [orig] (reset adv.)
                            *joc - rotterdam [mandy reid] (spinnin adv.)
                            *marc leaf and drew scott - fabulous [jeroenski and jorn] (cr2 12c2063)
                            *danjo - as the tables turn [monogato] (high contrast NU BREED hcnb002) www.highcontrastrecords.com
                            *sasha - mongoose (sada01)
                            *arno cost & norman doray - apocalypse (cr2 12c20781) www.cr2records.co.uk
                            *ferdy & matt van wyk - miami 6:08 (electronic elementselel060)
                            *above & beyond pres. tranquility base - razorfish [bart claessen mix] (anjunabeats one hundred) www.anjunabeats.com <-- congrats lads on 100 releases
                            *simmonds & jones - interpretations vol2 [signum vs. ascension] (captivating sounds cvsa059)
                            *signum - first strike [mark norman] (a state of trance asotl002)
                            *unknown - life aint easy (whitelabel ???)
                            *cherrymoon trax - the house of house (lightning records)

Sorry - No Audio Archive Of this week's Show as a mark of respect to the Eurovision, which died on Saturday night During the Show.
                            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

CHRIS CARY died just now.. So long Spangles, and thanks for changing everything.. I still have a UK-101, and all my 88FM NOVA stickers..

There is a gathering of thoughts here

His Website is here http://www.chriscary.com/

For those of you asking WHO THE F*CK IS CHRIS? He was a DJ on RADIO CAROLINE in the 60's (when it was good), he was the man who enabled us to own and operate our first computers & TV-Games in the late 70's, he brought The first professional music radio to ireland in the 80's, he kicked SKY in the nuts in the 90's, and he provided much for us all with his antics in the 00's.. If it wasn't for Chris, well, i can't quantify his influence on me & my peers.

[YOUTUBE]rGbq1a2mvWQ[/YOUTUBE]
                              Last edited by playthatbeat; Fri 29-02-2008, 8:15 PM.
                              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
                              X