• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2008

Playlist for Springsession on 2FM.
    TX:26-07-2008
    21.00-00.00

*brown and slim - you know whats up [slimedit] (cr2)
    *Green Velvet - - La La Land [Reuben Keeney] (adv.)
    *chaka khan ft mjb - disrespectful [paulo n dutkevitch] (creative club)
    *Eric Prydz - Pjanoo [Video Edit]
    *arkoss - rise up [dub mix] (funkin you FIY004)
    *alex font - changes in the city (floorplay)
    *the verve - love is noise [tong and rogers inst] (parlophone)
    *Ali Wilson - Shakedown [Marco V Remix] (In Charge Records)
    *mark brown - new heights [adam shaw] (cr2 cdc280)
    *kidda - under the sun [herve mix] (skint records) www.skint.net
    *eddie thoneick - i wanna freak you [DONS vs DBN remix] (cr2 12c2082)
    *moby - disco lies [dusty kids fear mix] (mute407) www.mute.com
    *Lazy Jay - Tokyo Speedway (Big & Dirty Records) www.biganddirtyrecords.com
    *kaskade and deadmau5 - move for me [santiago and bush ido mix] (deal records DEALC012)
    *chainside - i would die 4 you [filterheadz rmx] (liquid records)
    *oceanlab - miracle [martin roth dub] (anjunabeats anj107)
    *josh gabrial - crosstown/crosstalk (adv.)
    *Ricky Rivaro feat Tiger Lilly - With You [Sandy Rivera Remix] (Dirty Soul) www.dirty-soul.com
    *Marco V & Sander van Doorn - Organic (In Charge Records)
    *Jochen Miller - Lost Connection [Artento Divini remix] (High Contrast Records) www.highcontrastrecords.com
    *chris lake vs deadmau5 - i thought inside out (rising008) www.splinterproductions.net
    *sebastian leger - bambou (mistakes music) www.sebastianleger.net
    *nick chagall - sun red (high contrast hcr060)
    *anhken - offset (anjunabeats anj-108) www.anjunabeats.com
    *solaris heights - rekollection [tocadisco] (audiotherapy at048) www.therapymusic.co.uk
    *dazzle - backwards (detox tox030) www.detoxrecords.nl
    *sterilis - lost [charlie brown] (discover 38) www.recoverworld.com
    *ferry corsten - L.E.F. (flashover flash029) www.astralmusic.com
    *derb - my johnny (druck 021) www.druckrecords.com
    *binary finary - 2000 [jamx & deleon mix] (dmd orbit040)
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Lol 8mb Internets!!!

Behold: the free upgrade that happend this morning without warning to anyone with the top-tier DSL connection within gobbing distance of a Post-Office..

At last, something NICE has happend..
    Attached Files
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Playlist for Springsession on 2FM.
      TX:02-08-2008
      21.00-00.00

*kraak and smack - plastic people [prok and fitch dub] (jalepeno jal68)
      *the presets - anywhere [compuphonic and kolombo mix] (modular)
      *kaskade and deadmau5 - move for me [santiago and bushido]
      *Jonno Brien - My Groove [Original Mix] (full tilt FTR007-1 )
      *the verve - love is noise [tong and rogers inst] (parlophone)
      *david rubato - deep inside (gusto prcdgus67x)
      *ladyhawke - dusk till dawn [simon and shaker] (modular)
      *Lazy Jay - Tokyo Speedway (Big & Dirty Records)
      *city reverb - city of lights (dumb angel)
      *moby - disco lies [dusty kids fear mix] (mute407)
      *alan braxe and killa kella and fallon - nightwatcher [tony senghors night version] (eye indistries)
      *maarten de jong - MONO [J.O.C REMIX] (doorn)
      *peter mcgill - broken ego (adv.)
      *Josh Gabriel - Tone Program (Different Pieces 001)
      *rex the dog - i can see you can you see me [oliver huntemann remix] (hundehaus hundpcd002)
      *Ernesto vs Bastian - Stranger In Paradise [EvsB NuTran Mix] (High Contrast Records)
      *oceanlab - miracle [martin roth dub] (anjunabeats anj107)
      *Mandy Reid - Mohito (adv.)
      *King Unique Dirty [Fergie Rmx] (Curfew 010)
      *csystem - la cupula purpura (mixtape mxtr008)
      *anhken - offset (anjunabeats anj108) www.anjunabeats.com
      *style of eye - girls (pickadoll 37-6) www.pickadoll.de
      *solaris heights - rekollection [tocadisco] (audiotherapy at048) www.therapymusic.co.uk
      *valentino kanzyani - neuva york [tomy declerque & sonik] (jesus loved you jly011) www.jesuslovedyou.net
      *nick chagall - sun red (high contrast hcr060)
      *delerium - silence [nils van gogh and thomas gold] (nettwerk 331914)
      *richard durand - weep (terminal 4 terminal016-8)
      *mark sherry pres. outburst - a star within a star [stoneface & terminal] (high contrast nubreed hcnb007) www.marksherry.co.uk
      *greg downey - grade a [mandy reid] (discover dark23) www.recoverworld.com
      *antiloop - in my mind (urban tracks)
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Hmm.. so much for the 8m/bit Internets.. Remember 2 posts up? When i/we all got the free upgrades because Ireland has the Worst Ripoff Broadband in the galaxy, and the Galactic commission for not-ripping-folk-off insisted we be raised from "sub-crap" to "ok-but-still-meh" standard of Internets? Well.. IT FAILED. According to a bloke from telecom who smokes in the alley in his breaks, "...the Copper isn't up to it.."

Anyway.. Sunday night my connection was holding for a max of 30 seconds, then the whole DSL line de-sync'd and dissapeared!!! Over & over.. I just went to bed

Then on monday, it seemed to be better, and hasn't lost the flame since..

BUT..

Check out the attachment here..

SO MUCH FOR THAT THEN EH LADS!!??!!??!
        Attached Files
        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Q: Why is the Vectrex Excellent?

A: See attachment.
          Attached Files
          jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Ok, tonight saw the conclusion of one of the messiest times i have ever had with a Synth. I picked up an Oberheim Matrix 6 ~1990 from a repair tech who had lost his mind with it, as it was not stable at all.. Rebooting, freezing, all the usual Matrix 6 / 6r behaviour.. I didn't mind all the rebooting, and it got pretty reliable sometimes.. I used it a bit in the early 90's on Sound Crowd stuff, but it really started to get on my tits, so i parked it.. This thing IS a computer, and an analogue synth, so it's pretty cool.. But also, Pretty mad. Every few years i dug it out for a go, but ended up beating it with my clenched fists, so THIS time (2 months ago) i decided to fix the fuc*er, once and for all. The Internet was helpfullish, with badly scanned schematics and the calibration/alignment proceedures (needs: frequency counter), and ALOT of people complaining of the thing my Matrix 1000 had for years before it finally packed up totally - the dreaded IFFEY VOICE 6 FAULT.. But, nobody really caring too much for the Random freeze problem.

So then as i was accumulating the parts to renovate the PSU, to fix the Random crashes, my lovely M6 got the VOICE 6 fault - Wave fault 63. Noooooooooo... Now it's gonna be like the M1000 was - Useless. every 6th note or whatever was gonna sound lame! So, i did the 2 jobs - new PSU, and replaced the parts of voice 6.. See here..

The good news: Don't throw out Your Matrixes JUST yet. A little time and about 12 euro of parts, and You too can enjoy crash-free solid performance (terms and conditions apply..) from a MONSTER synth.

God bless the internet.
            Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 14-08-2008, 11:19 PM.
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Back from Kiddstock ( www.kiddstock.com ) in what appears to be an intact state.. 2 Harddrives need dumping this afternoon, should be interesting to sift thru' and see what came out.. Just FYI, and to answer the emails this morning, we recorded the Ground Zero & Kiddfectious Vs Trackitdown.net Areas, so check the kiddstock website for the planned lineup.. The acts didn't play in the order they are listed on the official site & dontstayin.com etc., but as far as i remember, most of them did get a good stint.. I'll publish a list here of what's fit for Broadcast as soon as i know, and a blow-by-blow of the action as i remember it.. Wait, that might be a little difficult to put into words, so how about: i'll mash the keyboard re: kiddstock when i work it all out..
              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Yay! Luckily, the Good folk at AKHQ have posted a nice summery of the day's messing, and a link to a video-playlist on Youtube here - so i don't have to comment, except to say - NEVER get a flight at 6am and think You are going to be able to function for the day, because You will most definatly NOT feel good, and will pay for it!!

Anyways.. More festival funs this weekend - ELECTRIC PICNIC is on in Co. Laois, and we are all off down there for the usual total-coverage angle... Highlight For me will be the Fish-Go-Deep 20th celebration - which i will have the privilige of recording tomorrow night for You all.. They have Kerri Chandler and Stevie G on the plot as well as a cast of 1000's, all hosted by one of the Bodytonic Arenas.. Also definatly in the sights are HERBALISER who are apparently doing the full-band thing.. We WILL be doing the 2-services on the 3 days, 2XM will be on the air from 3pm each day (start the PLAYER THING here to listen if you don't have a DAB radio) and 2FM will be joining in from Friday evening, and Radio 1 is also doing the Fanning Show from there - so, keep it locked blah blah blah.. Obviously, the aim for me over the 3 days is to try and get more then 1 member of the SEX PISTOLS in 1 room at the same time so i can make them fight for our amusement. They may all be 40-somethings now, but they can still pull an entertaining fight out of the bag when the chips are down.. Kate Moss' breasts have agreed to assist us in this endevour, so, keep your fingers crossed - this could be historic stuff!!

So.. see you down there, or more likely - not..
                jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

This weekend's "last-festival-of-the-summer" broadcast details:

Radio 1 Friday:

7-8pm : Fanning Show live

2fm Friday:

7-12pm : Jenny H, Jenny G and Dan
                  12midnite - 5am : Late Night Sessions from Kiddstock 2008

2fm Saturday:

12-3pm: The Saturday Show
                  3-6pm: Larry Gogan- Featuring Celeb. Just a minute quiz from The Picnic
                  6-9pm: Jenny G
                  9-11pm: Dan H
                  11pm-2am: MrSpring
                  2am: David Guetta
                  3am-5am: Dave Clarke Live at TRIPOD Dublin

2xm Saturday:

3-7pm: MrSpring
                  7-11pm: Jenny H
                  11pm-2am: Cormac B and/or Jenny G

2fm Sunday:

2-5pm: Larry Gogan Just a minute quiz only
                  7-9pm: Jenny H
                  9-10pm: Dan H/Cormac B
                  10pm-12am: Cormac B
                  Then: John Kenny from 12am to 2am from base

2xm Sunday:

3pm-12am: Jenny G/MrSpring

All as Webstreams Here on the PLAYER THING or at www.2fm.ie or DAB or FM or SKY or whatever..
                  Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 28-08-2008, 6:41 PM.
                  jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

GREETS FROM THE PICNIC DAY 2!!!

Ok i have wifi here ag an rodai (the r na g roadcaster) so i can play on the webz during the quiet bits..

Have some FISHGODEEP, KERRI CHANDLER, CHARLES WEBSTER and a stormer of a set from STEVIE G recorded last nite in the BODYTONIC ARENA to play on 2xm till 7pm, then i'm back on 2fm at 11pm thru 2 for ????????

Some piccys from last night in the bdytonic arena below - including a rare shot of Greg Dowling (fishgodeep) standing on the ramp to backstage.. er.. anyway, as you can see, things are all under control..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 30-08-2008, 4:48 PM.
                    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
                    X