Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2003

==300703

Enigma in Carrickmacross this weekend apparently features PAUL "yomanda" MASTERSON, ROBBIE "agnelli &" NELSON,JOHN "max" POWER and Me.. So.. a bank-holiday banger then is it ?

==240703

Weekend Playlist for Mr.Spring`s Show on 2FM's 6:2:6,
    (www.2fm.ie/626) TX: 190703/20.00-22.00

** Firen' squad on special ops training in deep south for july! All honeybuns special! **

karim shaker and simon garcia / descarga! - beatfreak bf0042
    franchino/maybe - sacrifice s675
    dj jean/party people in the house - mobizz mbzz056-12
    99 allstars/chemical generation - cg 15
    squint/what is electro? - ugly records rt004
    dub pistols/dog town clash ep - distinctive breaks dp106/4
    fusion 808/fascinated by you - headline 026
    max b grant/chewing gum - editiontraxx etx 0015
    sisma dj/relax - wicked records wkd1039

globe & the whizz kid/play that beat mr.dj - tommyboy classic
    robbie rivera/insanity - juicy music jm06
    benny benassi/satisfaction - data 58p4
    c**tmaster/drugface - closet clos10
    methods of mayhem/f.y.u. - qdance 008
    arome/visions of paradize - overdose dmddose 110
    interactive/koma - truelove tec022
    more kante/yekeyeke - ffrr fx288
    klubbheads/bounce 2 da beat - dna 330-12
    direct 2 disk/don't stop - cleveland city cle 13007

Have you noticed how POWER hasn`t entered a SCRIPT in months? is he dead i hear you ask?! I dunno..... Beats me.... Revived my KURZWEIL today/yesterday.. finally got it really happy with 40MB ram and a big harddrive.. and that's 40MB of Oldie-worldly 30pin RAM (ask your big brother) which if i am right was 50- sterling a meg back in the day.. now you can`t even find it in skips anymore no bad.. thats ALOT of money back in 1994.. amazing what you find in dusty old PCs these days.. found a family of rats in a server last week.. and so on.. Er.. looks like MOIZ is silenced.. last week the gig ended prematurely due to total equipment failure.. apparently one bod reported it was like some evil sod was manning a switch that killed the mixer whenever a tune got going.. very frustrating, and simply the END of the line for Rob, who's baby it was really.. He has called time on it, and i'm with him.. so no NOIZ this weekend.. Maybe if we can find a place that can cope we will try again, but i doubt it.. messy.

BIG BROTHER final tomorrow night.. and i know we are all desperate to see that turncoat-tosser fecked out on his baldy ear, so lets get not voting people.. remember, your country needs you to not vote for that bloke that took pleasure blabbing he "bravely" wears a 1966 engerland football jersey in pubs in Ireland against all odds.. must be a very strange pub he attends then - any pub i know would lynch him for the same crime - not because it's an engerrlaaand jersey, but because he is a total tosser.. in fairness!!!! BB4 is dead, as it has been since the nice chick left.. (sigh)

==160703

Not alot to say really.. WITLESS was just that, NOIZ is on again this saturday night - maybe someone will turn up this time??? And i'm off to Letterkenny for THE GRILL on saturday night also.. Finding it difficult to lay my hands on quality tunes in quantity these days.. Seems to be a bit of a drought.. Hmmm.. Must be that big Siesta the world takes in july! (yawn).. no playlist this week, since the show was all Hot-Live Action from the scene of the Slime at the time.. Ho Hum..

==110703

Havent seen so many N.Irish Reg-plates down here since LAST 11/12 july!! hehehe.. So, i`m in N17 tonight with YOMANDA, then 2moro is the WHITNESS alcahol festival in Punchestown racecourse which unfortunatly i have to attend due to my job bieng in radio, and the radio station doing its bizz from the site all day & night.. so, if you (like me) cannot stand crap guitar bands, and are stearing WELL clear of the event as the dance tent is only mildly dancy, then tune our way all day & night, 90-92fm, or 914 on the sky shitbox, and enjoy the booze from the comfort of your own comfort zone! i know i would if i didn`t have to haul my ass out of bed to attend... Then 2moro night, NOIZ at the ctypt in temple theatre starts... i wonder will anybody notice?

==090703

Listening to the new Krs-1 Cd, you can have a go too here if you like.. it's good for the day that's in it. The NOIZ boys had a blinder night out t'othr night, and we got followed by the flying saucer from THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. It was truely odd. anyway, the picture says it all. The Aliens obviously jammed our Camerafone.. Of coarse.

==080703

Maaaaaaan this humidity is getting to me and the cats.. poor Maggot, full of antibiotics, and pulling himself along with 1 claw groaning under the stress of the heat.. even the birds (our arch-enemys) are flying low and croaking in slow-motion.. damn.. too bleeding hot babe.. sheesh.. So, prep in order for NOIZ which starts this weekend in the Temple Theatre.. Apparently myself and power are broadcasting from the WITNNESS festival, the highlight of which is THE STREETS, and we will be legging it out of there to get back to the temple in time to realise nobody turned up.. so if you see us driving along, give us a wave of solidarity.. [the eternal optomist me as always..]

(www.2fm.ie/626) TX: 050703/20.00-22.00

** Firen' squad on special ops training in middle east for july! All moneyshot special **

*theory:kaos/electronic surgery - backyard back09 www.back-yard.co.uk
    *squint/what is electro? - uglyuglyrt009 info@uglyrecords.co.uk
    *shup up and dance!/reclaim the streets - SUAD 53
    *franchino/maybe - sacrifice s675
    *dj jean/supersounds - mobizz 056-12 www.digidance.cc
    *nico parisi/niagara - atmoz at8569 www.atmoz.be
    *mshape/cloudless sky - direction xpr3672
    *robbie rivera/insanity - juicy music DFi03 www.robbierivera.com
    *da hool/hazy~crazy - kosmo kos2059 www.hool.tv
    *yomanda/you're free(higate) - incentive cent55txdj
    *micheal jackson/thriller - bootleg dll1
    *darren christian/electrify - duty free df057 info@dutyfreerecordings.co.uk
    *dark clubbers/progressive EP - white darkprog 12
    *analog system/the wall - headline 025 www.headline-records.com
    *element/ghost - md 0134 www.resolutedistribution.com
    *marco zaffarano/play the game - anima 006-12 www.anima-rec.com
    *da bootleggers/cold as ice - kickin tunes kt009 www.hitland.com
    *aikon/mobile tunes - suntec tec080 www.hithouse.it

==040703

Happy 4th Of july Everybody!!!! Yes, the day is upon us again - the anniversary of that faithfull day when Will Smith and yer man from Jurrassic Pork kicked the aliens asses with a laptop and their own 40-year-old ship.. As we all know, Will then went on to be a copper in New-York for a while before becoming a MAN IN BLACK, twice actually, probably due to his experience with the Aliens he met on ID4.. The other guy, the TALL GUY, well, i think he is "inbetween jobs" or "resting" or "reading scripts" or even "writing his book" - in other words, he hasn`t worked since saving the world, and rightly so.. i mean, what caould you possibly do after saving the world?! Did you Know that the Aliens in ID4 were actually running WINDOWS 98? Yep, a totally unpatched, original OEM copy they got with thier GATEWAY, so that explains how Will & TallGuy were able to infect it so easily.. But they DID have Wireless networking before us.. Hmm.. Anyway, It`s July 4th, so go forth and murder an alien, and maybe Barbequeue them afterwards God bless somethingorother.

==030703

(www.2fm.ie/626) TX: 280603/20.00-22.00
    20.00:

Firen` Squad, Squaddies: DJ Krisp (3 FM), Ron (Mobile disco), John Gibbons (still funkys), Pressure (1/3 of Noiz), Gleave Dobbin (live from newry in the toadcaster for the SESSIONS TOUR at THE EXCHANGE)

*delerium/after all - nettwerk - 8%
    p33198/wri:delerium//cop con www.nettwerk.com
    *snack/sharona - white - 56%
    kink10a/wri:the knack//cop con mysharonasnack@hotmail.com
    *squint/what is electro? - ugly - 82%
    uglyrt004/wri:wesley clarke//cop con
    *deepest blue/deepest blue - data - 9%
    data55p3/wri:edwards & mein//warner chappell
    *annie lennox/pavement cracks - bmg - 9%
    alfrog12/wri:lennox//bmg music

21.00:

*boo selecta/nobody listens to hiphop - pulsive 018 www.pulsive.info
    *dj jean/supersounds - mobizz 056-12 www.digidance.cc
    *element/ghost - md 0134 www.resolutedistribution.com
    *dj saray/deeper - md 0135 www.saraydj.com
    *the prophet/follow the leader - id&t www.id-t.com
    *trisco/lean of hip - vinyl solution
    *dark clubbers/progressive EP - white
    *robbie rivera/insanity - juicy music DFi03 www.robbierivera.com
    *dj sabu/the circle - pulsive 072
    *marco zaffarano/play the game - anima 006-12 www.anima-rec.com
    *sisma DJ/relax - wicked wkd1039 www.ipnotika.net

### Pointless Statistics: Squad Satisfaction Index: 39.00 Lowest Average: 27.0 [ron] Highest Average: 42.75 [gleave]

==010703

Well, more bad news to start the month... and it`s magazine news, IPC ignite! is to close its monthly dance magazine, Muzik, with effect from the August issue on sale July 9.Advertisement and copy sale revenues have declined in parallel with the decline of this sector of the Music market, to the point that the title is no longer economically viable.So, there we have it.. not as surprising as the BBm closure last month - (despite which, the BBm people are still associating themselves with the magazine when discussing the up-coming ONLY irish festival this year PLANET LUV!!!) - i say 'not as surprising' because i have been unable to read MUSIK magazine for well over 2 years - it was simply totally up it`s own arse on just about everything! Bar the slight tip of the hat to HardHouse, which it clearly resented, it was the DEFINITION of a "pipe & slippers" read for me.. very very very hard to read, and even more difficult to justify $10 expense on.. i actually did a clearout of CDs i have had propping up tables with for 10 years last week - got nearly 500 into a box, 500 USELESS cds, mostly from the front of mags like SEVEN and MUSIK and so on.. i had been keeping them thinking i might someday have a need for a "miguel migs buzz-chart top 30 sampler cd from may 1999", and, well, the time had come to feck all of it in a skip.. or a local charidee shop.. or the sea.. ah well.. sign of the times i suppose! I think there is a lesson in all of this for everybody - "dissapear up your own arse too far, and you may end up staying there.." - seriously though, MUSIK used to be an essential read, it just lost it`s way in a sea of really bad music.. this is one case where you CAN blame the tools rather then the quality of work.. this is VERY sad.. every month sees a reliable foundation-stone of the temple of noise crumble.. messy.

Also, our club, now almost definatly doomed, NOIZ - in the Crypt of the Temple theatre, begins this month on the Glorious 12th July.. Flyers and posters are due this week, so i'll upload them here as a historic thing - so everyone can laugh in colour when it fails 30 seconds after starting heheheh.. well, we don`t actually care anymore - not with this atmos of doom all around..

Big shouts to the KY posse, lovely night on saturday in HORANS of TRALEE.. feels like so long since i was there.. er.. probably cos' it WAS so long.. er.. anyway, great night.. sound sound, sound crowd, sound night, sound allround...heheh.. this is what puzzles me about all these dance-things failing, how can the scene be dead if people still go out and still have fun? i think somebody somewhere is covering up their own lack of fortitude by claiming it's ALL screwed.. well, it`s isn`t.. i haven`t had a duff gig in 2 years.. people STILL want to have fun, people STILL have sex, peoiple can STILL tell when things aint the maye west!! puzzling.. maybe we should all just tell the truth now? THERE IS A SCENE THERE - IT'S JUST MORE DISCERNING! I an tell this because i only had 4 wild women in my wardrobe when i got back to my luxary padded cell after the event - i USED to have 12.. the other 8 abviously suffering from "knowing too much"

And now - more feul to the "were all screwed" fire (not really - june, july and august are always bad internet monts) Some STATS for June 2003!!!Monthly Statistics for June 2003: mrspring.net

Total Hits 16718
    Total Files 14696
    Total Pages 7048
    Total Visits 3084
    Total KBytes 536331

jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X