Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sep 2003

==290903

The 626 Chart is back up here - regular service should be returning eventually - sorry for the inconvenience caused.. etc.. Special thanks to the faithfull who braved the risk of me not turning up again at ICE CREAM this saturday - they were rewarded by me actually turning up, and AFAIK i was pretty tight for someone that hasn`t played for a month.. er... well, it sure sounded nice to me... although i have been starving myself of tunes lately.. mostly listening to old disco and funk when i have the time.. which is not alot.. to be honest, have had my own little band playing in my head for the last few weeks - but more of that when i write up the full event... Why am i holding back on delivering the full script? simple - it`s not over (not over) yet, as some of you may have athered from saturday night!!

I have ahad a few snotty emails ALREADY today (monday) complaining about my "no-show" in TEMPLE THEATRE this saturday too - well, let me assure you, i may have been on posters for the gig [the LAST night of the Temple apparently.. it's closing because nobody wants to know anymore] but i was never even ASKED if i would like to even turn up for a quick drink and a waffle about the good old days, let alone PLAY the night.. so don`t give me any guff, i know NOTHING about it, and i care less. Yeah, go tell a friend, The Temple is gone, and i don`t care.. i haven`t played there in so long, i think i went there twice in the last year, only getting inside once (the BBm Awards [sic] - i think) and it was a grim situation to be honest.. even the celebs could feel the rigormortis rising in the place.. in fact, i distinctly remember looking for a script on the balcony and starting a tidal-wave of panic on people as they realised there wasn`t actually a script at all and we all needed one desperatly - surely a sign... Ah well, so much for that. So, that's basically put the ribbons on all the large-scale dance venues for the time bieng.. only LUSH! in portrush (not an option unless you think the scene ends with BBC Radio 1) or ENIGMA in carrickmacross survive now.. I'm not counting the POINT because there hasn`t been a club night there in yonks - just over-hyped annoying rattle-merchants for 50 quid that chuck out at <2am, and that is pretty bloody far from a clubnight IMHO, although i'm sure the Merchants concerned would disagree, nothing personal boys, but i would rather experience you in a nice controlled enviroment rather then a dirt-scattered boom-chamber with more reflections then Blackpool Pier's Hall of Mirrors (also now extinct BTW).. But i wouldn`t worry, all that crap is about to cease too - the same Virus that got the Large Club-venues is spreading to the POINTs of the scene - the symptoms of the Virus infection? Simple - Overpricing, Overhyping, Underwhelming, Head-Wrecking Nights with BAD MUSIC and BAD KARMA combined with tension and nagging.. Yep, i'd rather stay in and get wrecked on the cheap and listen to DJ Pressure tapes while surfing the Net/Network gaming/Damageing my Internal organs with friends then attend another boarderline night - and this, i fear, is the cause of the current doom & gloom in clubland.. oh, and of coarse the Alteration of everybody's brain chemistry with the cheap Coke that has been flooding every busstop & white van for the last 18 months.. One Positive note: the Music is getting better!!!!! Yep, some FINE tunes coming out now.. It seems the Collapse of so many Distributers and closure of pressing plants has had a wonderfull filtering efect on the Music suply!!! It`s now SO difficult to get something out, and SO risky, only the cream of the crop makes it out!!! No more shite Hardhouse Bootys, no more Progressive triple-packs, no more Filthy polished Trance.. Ahhh... Lovely.. Bring it on Baby.. Bring it on... Come to Spring.. Coooome to Springer...

And now, fo those of you that missed them, the 2 ICE CREAM flyers.. remembering of coarse you have to scribble out my ame on the August one and write JOHN POWER instead, cos he pretended to be me that weekend.. We SHOULD by rights stop running the night, since it's only barely getting enough people to keep the doors open, but i think as long as it doesn`t actually COST us anything, we will continue doing it.. Last saturday of the month.. Yep.. gotta do it, see that mad video screen thing, worth it for that IMHO.. Do make the effort next month wontcha? It`s bieng done in Sligo for a reason - Near Mohill, Lonford, Sligo (duh!) and sortof near Donegal and Mayo if you look at it the right way.. er.. kind of..

==260903

Still feel very wierd, on limited duties, trying to get back to normality (not that i know what normality is!!) but i am assured i am doing ICE-CREAM at Holbourn Street in Sligo this saturday, with Conor G.. After missing last month's opening night, due to the start of this horrible episode, it should be nice.. i hope i can stand for the duration Ah well, look on the Bright Side - i managed to dodge 3 Weddings thanks to bieng ill! My cuz Stef, Lar Liquid Wheel and Bianca (ex-fanning review show cowgirl) all had wedding things in the recent time (some as recent as today - urp!), so i suppose i kinda broke even on the whole thing, so far.. Anyway, i'm still far to messy to write about the whole thing without Libeling countless People and Wildly streaching the experience into an adventure (thank our good friend steroids for that) so i think i'll stop typing NOW...

==220903

BACK FROM THE SHADOWS AGAIN!

As some of you may have gathered, i was actually serious about the health st8.. just after writing the entry below, i went BACK into hospital for more fun and only got sprung end of last week.. Still very weak & wierd.. On heavy medication, acting very strange, music playing in my head all day, can't sleep when i want to , have narcolepsy when i want to be awake.. Ah well.. Now, i know there is alot of speculation as to how it all came about, and i want you to be cool and wait, i WILL put up the FULL story, which actually begins at about 3pm on the tuesday we set off for Ibiza.. i just think there is no point in telling a story untill it has concluded, i have never been one for waiting around for stuff.. so.. things are still in progress, and it ain't over till the fat lady recovers - but for those that have been emailing me, and offering to "bust you out of that hellhole" - i have been freed, and i am ALOT better then i was on the 2 times i was admitted.. Anyway, all that aside, i have uploaded a new track to playthatbeat.net for you all to giggle over, one of the 3 tracks on the Mini-CD i spread in Ibiza, the other 2 will follow eventually.. Have a look, it`s quite small (5 megs) and if it doesn`t make you smile, i'll eat justin's hat... [Health : 45%]

==020903

Right. So. I am actually still alive, rumours of my death were slightly exaggerated.. not GREATLY, only SLIGHTLY. I will tell you the full script when i have the strength to do it. Just to whet your appetites, here's a simple formula for you: Springer + 4 filghts in 2 days - (Sleep + Hydration) / Ibiza = Kidney Failure + Vincents Hospital for 3 days. Enuf.
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X