Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 2005

==280105

Tonight i visit THE VICTORIA in Galway..

==230105

Been well busy hibernating.. But, did some studio trips, as promised.. and i'm looking at 2 releases this Quarter.. one housey - which is already out of the bag a bit, and a nice analog technoid thing for (fingers x'd) a nice friendly lebel in a sunny climate

Did Some extraordinary tape-trading this Xmas as lots of people came home for Xmas to find their mums had "decomissioned" their old bedrooms.. Think we need to start a Mixtape Repository, so we can preserve all those (mostly iffey) mixtapes from the 80's and 90's.. Keep it in mind.. Look for your old tapes.. get ready to preserve them forever.. Now.. to the point, if you take a look at playthatbeat.net (the "download" button above) in the OLDSTUFF, there is a very special addition this week! For WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, playthatbeat.net once again delivers the goods that make it the #1 website in the galaxy - F U N C I T Y ]bAck21990-thEmOvIE[ - yes baby.. the strange rockumentary made in '89/'90 about the first "rave" party in Ireland.. It`s there, and it`s watchable.. Now, before anyone starts complaining about Who owns what - i never got paid for that night, or the broadcast/use of my music, so let's not go there.. So, with this in mind, Get it downloaded or viewed before the people involved injunct it off the WWW, and Bow to the superior OLDSKOOL angles.. Okay, so there is alot of Mime going on in places, but in fairness, the Irish Acts, Jocylen Brown and Coldcut were all the way live, and actually very good in places.. Now.. Look at those Haircuts!!! Check that music!!!! Feel the gaps on the dancefloor!!!! Gasp at the Hair-Products!!!! Yes, it started VERY slowly, and nobody EVER got paid.. But who can claim to have BEEN THERE? It was the "sex pistols at the 100-club" of our generation, and even though it was pretty ropey, and ***** hadn`t been invented yet, everybody there knew it was the shape of things to come...

==080105

So.. i FAILED the NCT.. of fuc*ing COARSE i did. i mean, it`s me after all.. i couldn`t let the side down, so i craftily concealed the seatbelt recepticle for the middle rear passanger down the back of the seat, and made sure one of my Wheel-nuts was missing from the front, and - bingo - insta-fail!! what can i say.. i never thought it could be so easy! Wow.. what a rush.. i'm chuffed to bits of coarse, and i want to thank the rat-boy basterd that took YET ANOTHER of my nice black nissan wheelnuts, and the and am having a ceramonial de-cat'ing and donut session on the gravel outside the Dept. of whatever buildings this sunday, to make sure the painwork gets nicely messed up.. Of coarse, this (deliberate - i swear ) fail is only a minor fail.. i didn`t perform well enough to fail the emissions, so i`ll be lacing the fuel with whale-blubber and lead shavings for the next full test in 2 years or whatever.. Damn..

I must also apologise for the jumpy-nessness of the shows this weekend - there was a hurricane on at the time, and the signal kept dropping in and out.. grrrr... Sorry.. But on the positive side, 2FM seem to have been playing with the audio lately, and it`s suddenly very crispy and nice indeed! Groovy!

Playlist for the Spring Session on 2FM.
    TX:03-12-2004
    22.00-00.00

*taucher & marc vision pres. ViTa (tracid ttx2052) www.tracidtraxxx.de [reload]
    *system F / ignition, sequence, start.. (tsunami tsu6052)
    *wink/516 acid (ovum 165R) www.ovum-rec.com
    *empire state / niagara (lost language lost039) www.lostlanguage.com
    *airbase / pandemonium (go for it gofo04107-6) www.alphabetcity.de
    *beto cerutti / bombass (tekktonn tk021)
    *the replacement / fairy tale (bang on bang 55) www.centralstation.com.au
    *van faber & d-suza / overload (inspired insp003) info@inspiredrecords.co.uk
    *gleylancer / cingram (gas sag056) www.tmmc.it
    *dj matys & D-Gor / orgasam (pulsive 023) www.pulsivemedia.com
    *cyb / now (white 100716a1) [happy peak]
    *a.v.d.b. / overload (liquid lq047) www.spinninrecords.nl
    *rank 1 / beats at rank1 dot com (id&t 7008005)
    *dj cano / v8 (vs 017) www.resolutedistribution.com
    *slacker / scared (loaded load43dj)

Stats: 8:1 in favour - For every 1 missed call on the "sad" line, we had 8 on the "happy" line. Contribute during the show leaving missed calls on 0860.700427 (happy) or 0860.700426 (sad). Happy Peaker Starts the Show Next Week

TX:10-12-2004
    22.00-00.00

*cyb / now (white 100716a1) [reload]
    *the replacement / fairy tale (bang on bang 55) www.centralstation.com.au
    *kai tracid / deeper (acid files acid 001) www.acidfiles.de
    *wink/516 acid (ovum 165R) www.ovum-rec.com [happy peak]
    *beto cerutti / bombass (tekktonn tk021)
    *brain 43 (brain records brn0043-12) www.manifold-music.de
    *ronald van gelderen / cold storage (edm 093) www.edmmusic.de
    *cygnific / vires (spinnin rr025) www.oradea-music.com
    *dj isaac / my brain (drop out dropltd 0403-6) www.alphabetcity.de
    *dumonde / let me out (f8t 016-12)
    *sizma dj / revenge (wicked wkd 1054) www.djkat.com [lock]
    *the gladheads / mother-fuc*in hardthing (fakten 010) www.faktenrecords.de
    *gleylancer / cingram (gas sag056) www.tmmc.it
    *the longest day (nebula nebt64)
    *system F / ignition, sequence, start.. (tsunami tsu6052)
    *niels van gogh / pulverterm (kosmo kos 022) www.kosmomusic.com

Stats: 1:1 in favour - For every 1 missed call on the "sad" line, we had 1 on the "happy" line. Contribute during the show leaving missed calls on 0860.700427 (happy) or 0860.700426 (sad). Happy Peaker Starts the Show Next Week

TX:17-12-2004
    22.00-00.00

*wink / 516 acid (ovum 165R) www.ovum-rec.com [reload]
    *splitloop / kfc (supercharged scm011)
    *jem / they (crazy wise music crazy01) www.crazywisemusic.com
    *will holmes & jon gordon / consume (tekkton tk019)
    *carlos adolfo domingez / boobies (white)
    *commander tom / attention! (data 81p2)
    *cosmic / freefall (whiite cosmic001uk)
    *human evolution / glide slope (free for all 7007965) www.id-t.com
    *hard progress / rastafari (vocal series vs012)
    *dj isaac / my brain (drop out dropltd 0403-6) www.alphabetcity.de
    *DK8 / murder was the bass rmx. pt.1 (elp 11001) www.elpmedien.com
    *sizma dj / revenge (wicked wkd 1054) www.djkat.com
    *zentral tribute / que idea rmx. (md 157)
    *libe dj / ru ready? (md 0147) www.resolutedistribution.com
    *tuneboy / demolition (dance pollution poll 218)
    *altern 8 / infiltrate 202 (nettwork ?????)

Stats: 3:1 in favour - For every 1 missed call on the "sad" line, we had 3 on the "happy" line. Contribute during the show leaving missed calls on 0860.700427 (happy) or 0860.700426 (sad). Happy Peaker Starts the Show Next Week

TX:07-01-2005
    22.00-00.00

*david guetta / the world is mine (emi dinstdjx 271) www.davidguetta.com
    *commander tom / attention! (data 81p2)
    *planet funk / the switch (direction xpr3839)
    *fierce girl / what makes a girl fierce? (red flag rfo13vs) www.redflagrecords.com [happy peak]
    *solasso vs. bananarama / really sayin' something (white sb1a)
    *splitloop / kfc (supercharged scm011)
    *rank 1 / beats at rank1 dot com (id&t 7008005)
    *butcher / don`t let the sun go down (dfc 1462) www.global-net.it
    *kat / hope (wicked 1053) www.djkat.com
    *phrenetic system / reality (phobos phs025-12)
    *cosmic / freefall (whiite cosmic001uk)
    *os4 / in the mix (kicken kt039)
    *DK8 / murder was the bass rmx. pt.1 (elp 11001) www.elpmedien.com
    *dumonde / let me out (f8t 016-12)
    *16c+ / timerunner (low sense 12sense8) www.low-spirit.de

Stats: 10:1 in favour - For every 1 missed call on the "sad" line, we had 10 on the "happy" line. Contribute during the show leaving missed calls on 0860.700427 (happy) or 0860.700426 (sad). Happy Peaker Starts the Show Next Week

==050105

So.. here we are again.. Another Year closer to death, absolutely NO recollection of the year that just passed, and a new fire in the belly for the new year. i don`t subscribe to all tht Xmas and NY crapola, but there is definatly a "shift" in the force (ehm..) around now.. it`s the coming of Spring you know.. Only around the corner.. Now.. the New year resolution - i will, starting the 3nd week of January, go to the studio Daily (yes, DAILY) and make something.. even if it's for 20 minutes a day, and all i do is cook up a patch on the modular and sample it, i WILL.. Because this is the year of THE CONCEPT ALBUM. Yep. No more piss-ass 8 minute tracks.. 15mins all the way, with a definate half-hourer the main focus.. What kind of music? Who cares! But you can be sure it'll be amusing, because at this stage in the proceedings, i am so bored with everything, i NEED to make something amusing.. Now.. there.. You now have something you can bug me about: "..any stuff done for the album yet?" and so on..

This weekend it's Back on the radio again, with the playback of the BEST SETS OF 2004.. think the voting ends tomorrow at midday, so get your choices in if you haven`t already.. look here and vote vote vote... I suppose the fact Myself and Conor G are actually allowed into work this friday at 2FM must mean we have survived the RTE Xmas Virus that get's you made redundant - fuc*ing result! I couldn`t face the dole right now.. not with all the hurricanes.

Oh, and i have my NCT for the Skyline tomorrow.. I reckon it will fail, but the good side of it is, i can just take the list of things they discover to the Genius Brotherhood to fix - rather then trying to GUESS whats wrong before the Test, and wasting everybody's time and money putting things right, or not.. In fact, the NCT is the Cheapest "checkup" i have seen!! Even has a go on the Rolling Road Thrown in - and if you have Field-Glasses or a good Zoom on your Digital Cammy, you can watch the Dyno from the Observation area.. Er.. Sort of.. Damn... very little Fingernails left..
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X