Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2005

==300605

2 nteresting "my life has been needing something lately - i`m not sure what exactly, but definatly something - and this looks like it could be that thing.." things.. KRS One is Back in Dublin, not this thursday night, as previously conspired, but but the following - the 7th of july.. TBMC is the venue, and now i have no excuse.. Also, FRIGHTFEST have a very cool headliner this year: ROMERO's New movie, SOMETHINGOROTHER OF THE DEAD, oh no, wait, LAND of the dead!!! ...which opens up a new universe of sequals if you think about it.. I mean, the NIGHT, DAWN, DAY and REMAKE-OF were all a bit played out, and i happen to know that George Never made TWILIGHT OF THE DEAD because, let`s face it, TWILIGHT is a poxy word, and difficult to say in a butch voiceover voice in the trailer.. Can you Imagine the line: "First there was Night, then the Dawn, then the day, and now.. from the (blah blah) TWILIGHT OF THE DEAD.." booming out over the THX system in your local dream-chamber? No, neither can i.. But, LAND.. now there's a serious word you can set your fu*king watch by! Yeah Baby! Bring it on! The LAND of the dead.. OF COARSE land of the dead.. i mean, after they have thier day (which they did, in meticulous detail if i remember) they gaff is Thiers innit? So it becomes the LAND of the dead.. Innit.. (ehm..) Oh yes.. in fact, everything is thiers now.. We can have BURGER of the dead, SKYLINE of the dead, COIN-OP FORTUNE-TELLER IN AN ARCADE BY THE SEA LIKE IN THAT AVENGERS EPISODE of the dead.. Oh.. and the crossovers are gonna impress.. Never mind AVP, how about HAPPY DAYS of the dead? or SIMPSONS ON ICE of the dead (with music by The Cramps and The Crazy Frog).. Ahh yes, Finally the DEAD reach thier full potential.. DEAD COLA anyone? I'll have a pint please.

==270605

Sessions this weekend..

July 2 mark lynch dj OC psychonavigation

July 3 disco annie maddox soulsavers

Playlist for the Spring Session on 2FM.
    TX:26-06-2005
    00.00-02.00

*fischerspooner / never win [benassi] (capitol fs12djy3) www.fischerspooner.com
    *mint royale / singin' in the rain (white mr1)
    *axwell / feel the vibe [scala] (data 85p4) www.ministryofsound.com
    *j velarde / the life (underground sound of madrid usm 021)
    *royksopp / only this moment [braxe] (wall of sound wallt104pr)
    *digital poison / blackout (intenso ir 010) www.intensorecordings.com
    *will holland pres. holla melodica [alucard] (monstor force 005) www.willholland.com
    *cressida / carillon (somatic future 005) www.somaticsense.com
    *perry o'neil / gravity (supra 005) www.sillyspider.com
    *talla 2xlc / manifesto (techno club tclub 002) www.talla2xlc.com
    *marco v / more then a life away part 2 (incharge ic002) www.marcov.nl
    *mark marberg / guarana (euphonic 53.3)
    *joop / the world (high contrast hcr 004) www.dj-joop.nl
    *kaylab / isomalt (headline 032) www.headline-records.com
    *derb / cool sau [isaac] (tracid traxx ttx 2055)
    *dj mass in orbit / prayer 4 light [e-volt] (ueberdruck 024) www.bass-ic.de
    *dj vincenzo / smash (bonzai bm-2005-193)
    *scott mac / elements (maelstrom maelt035)
    *black bulldog / can't you see? (slate 04) [1995]

==230605

TX:19-06-2005
    00.00-02.00

*royksopp / only this moment [braxe & falke] (wall of sound walld104xpr) www.wallofsound.net
    *musgrove & mcgrath / coney island EP (EQ grey eqg12025)
    *guy gerber / stoppage time [max graham] (bedrock bed55r)
    *code 3 / alchemizm (limbo 116)
    *yazoo / situation [fairlight remake] (mute 1983) ##interference##
    *roman pushkin / millionare (erase records cdr)
    *fannypack / nu nu yeah yeah (gutpr12gut71) www.gutrecords.com
    *dab hands / supergood (ten ten2dj002)
    *cressida / carillon (somatic sense recordings somatic future 05) www.somaticsense.com LOCK
    *BT / the force of gravity [******] (black hole songbird LP 08) www.******.com
    *electric pulse / white noise (as above)
    *system f / cry [groove lift] (tsunami tsu 6056)
    *marco v / more then a life away part 2 (in charge in 002) www.beyourselfmusic.com
    *kaylab / isomalt (headline 032)
    *worm / program (worm records worm 1)
    *armandi / philtre (bonzai bm2005192)
    *rising high collective / fever called love (nettwerk)

==130605

TX:12-06-2005
    00.00-02.00

*skeewiff / man of constant sorrow (jalapenorecords jal35) www.jalapenorecords.com
    *slacker / goddam noize [waspy] (jukebox in the sky jbox008) www.jukeboxinthesky.co.uk
    *west london deep / inside my head (wall of sound cdr) www.wallofsound.net
    *dj technic / gabryelle [olav] (defected cdr) www.defected.com
    *edgar winter band / frankenstien (ariola 1974?) ## interference ## www.edgarwinter.com
    *loverush UK / perfect honey [mal black] (perfecto cdr) www.perfectorecords.com
    *ladytron / sugar (island 12isx896dj) www.ladytron.com
    *angelo & ingrosso / yeah (la mode mode 001)
    *perry o'neil / myst (supra 005) www.suprarecordings.com
    *jds / jump around (thursday club renn3095) www.tcr.uk.com
    *scot project / a (asian sunrise) (overdose dose 2005 1v) www.overdose.de
    *scot project / fm3 (feelin me) [unrel. mix] (overdose dose 2005 1v) www.djscotproject.com
    *precursor / solar 1 (spinnin rr027) www.spinnin.nl
    *marcel woods / cherry blossom (high contrast recordings hcr003) www.marcelwoods.com
    *kaylab / isomalt (headline 042) www.headline-records.com
    *dj virus meets dj neo / intoxication (blutonium 093) www.blutonium.de
    *darksucker / blue fear (anthem ath109)
    *scott mac vs. guffy / elements (maelstrom maelt035)
    *nostrum/brainchild (time unlimited time 26)

==020605

First, the good news.. KRS1 is to pay dublin!! And now, the bad news - it`s this saturday night FFS. Yes, the same saturday i am somewhere else, and 2boot, only 2 days away. Now, WHAT THE FU*K is this? How can i not have noticed this?

As you can see, 2/5ths of SCARY EIRE are on too, and GHOST & JAY are also proforming.. Excellent. The thing that bugs me is, nobody bothered to tell me about it... I take that personally, and when i find someone to blame for it, they will suffer... oh yes.. they will suffer the wrath of the Springer.. er.. You know, i would not have noticed AT ALL if it had not been for this morning's lack of reading material at feeding time forcing me to read HOT PRESS, which had an ill-informed plug for the gig in it`s gigplug section.. Jesus wept. To think, the teacher is in town, and i ALMOST totally missed it.. Well, having to work elsewhere that night means i WILL miss it, so maybe i was better off without knowing! Now i`m all upset and pissed off. Yeah, well, i`ll get over it - i usually do.

==010605

I play NEWMARKET this weekend.. and since it`s a Bank Holiday, extra nice lineup for the SESSIONS:

June 3 stephen porter the roots strictly kev

June 4 laurant garnier John Public markus gardeweg

JOHN POWER will be manning the decks for me while i scoot about the country.. and he will be giveing it the bank-holiday flava with a special mix from Adam Beyer during the show.. so give it a listen if you are on frequency saturday from midnight
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X