• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2006

==210806

Playlist for the Spring Session on 2FM.
    TX:19-08-2006
    21.00-00.00

*amp fiddler - right where you are [middleton full] (genuine gen 047cdprx)
    *devils gun - stay in rehab (devils gun cdr)
    *carl kennedy - don`t give up [filthy rich] (cr2 cdr)
    *dab hands - dyot [ed kane] (kidology)
    *red squared - don`t be afraid [vandalism dub] (megaliner cdr)
    *ds jones - i feel me [robbie rivera mix] (hit! cdr)
    *derailleur - repeat offender (dust science comp. dustv011)
    *lovemakers - this feeling [dab hands dub] (moneypennys music cdr)
    *emjay & the atari babies - real high [ak47] (perfecto cdr)
    *ferry corsten - junk [flashover] (positiva cdr)
    *supercharger - cars and girls (tiger018)
    *club scene investigators - direkt disko (konverted konv002) www.spinninrecords.nl
    *billy nasty - imperfection (datapunk dtp13)
    *dirty perverts - candy EP (baroque barq062) www.baroquerecords.co.uk
    *steve porter - 1990 [max graham]
    *robimon - natasha (pooky004) www.criticalrhythm.com
    *ozgur can - sunday (acdc 301) www.highvoltagemusic.com
    *bart claessen - when morning comes (yakuza yak014)
    *brisker & magitman - victoria's secret ep(sogchrome 037)
    *M.I.K.E. & andrew bennett - into the danger (club elite clel016)
    *M.I.K.E. - the perfect blend sampler EP (armada)
    *thomas datt - evaporate (discover 23) www.recoverworld.com
    *chaka boom bang - tossin & turnin (hooj)

==140806

Playlist for the Spring Session on 2FM.
    TX:12-08-2006
    22.00-00.00

*kraak & smaak - keep me home [soul of man] (jalapeno cdr)
    *dj hal - showtime (intec/rocks 002)
    *ds jones - i feel me [rivera juicy mix] (hit!)
    *derailleur - repeat offender (dust science dustv011)
    *dab hands - D.Y.O.T. [ed kane] (kidology cdr)
    *conamour - i've got this feeling [ben macklin] (bigstar)
    *sonique - sleazy [tom novy] (kosmo)
    *jay p - kookoo [seb & jay] (free2air cdr)
    *emjay & the atari babies - stimulate [dogzilla] (perfecto)
    *mekon - yes yes y'all (pias woscd001pr)
    *lovemakers - this feeling [dab hands dub] (moneypennys music)
    *saphara - echoed kisses [paul kershaw] (illuminate)
    *mrspring - tall order (spring loaded)
    *steve porter - 1990 [max graham] (sp1990) www.maxgraham.com
    *niklas harding - ice beach (coldharbour clhr017) www.niklasharding.com
    *bart claesson - when morning comes (yakuza yak014)
    *M.I.K.E. - lost my way (armada ) www.armadamusic.com
    *M.I.K.E. & anderw bennet -into the danger (club elite clel016)
    *club scene investigators - direck dizko [van doorn] (konv3rt3d konv003) www.digidance.cc
    *dj overdog - ready [slideout] (tracid traxx ttx 2059) www.tracidtraxxx.de
    *sakin & friends - braveheart 2006 [scot project] (kontor)
    *o'callaghan & kearny - exactly (discover 22) www.recoverworld.com
    *alex party - saturday night party (cleveland city)

Yes, i seem to have been docked an hour on the auld springsession.. I knew there were some changes afoot, but i only found out about this THE NIGHT BEFORE. I of coarse am hurt and dismayed at yet another RTE fuc*-up.. I feel i am bieng victimised and abused, and treated unfairly - i feel left out and alienated.. WHY can`t i find out about these things by reading about them in the HERALD the week before like my work mates? Huh? Why am i the only one that gets a poxy call the night before, and not as much as a "dot,dot,dot" snide comment in the rags? Huh? Where's my Article in the STAR with a composite-piccy of me sitting at the 2FM microphone, and a headline like "THE BASTERDS FORGOT TO TELL ME" in bold type below it, along with a story about how i have been at RTE for 15 years now and have been passed up for ALL the decent breaks (etc.) and a byline about how i am a household name, and a firm family favorite, and 3rd in line to the late-late-show throne... i DEMAND equal rights and treatment like my peers.. IT`S NOT FAIR.. There are people who have been at RTE for less then 5 years and they have their employment business splashed all over the IRISH DAILY MAIL weekly.. I mean.. How else are we meant to know what shift we are doing? (etc.)

==110806

HiFi - The Movie is available for your online Viewing - Check out the Forum for a link.. I decided against making an effort putting this together, and i trusted the god of randomness all the way - enjoy. Now, it does include (in audio form) my psychotic episode during 'chocolate puma', where the ceedee player crashed, and, well, er, after all the shit i had got the previous day when trying to peek at what decks were installed on the stage ["you are not going on MY stage without an artist's pass"-style ejection from mister 'bloke with a headset'], and with all the nonsense of having to use the fuc*ing CDs in the firstplace - when i could have got away with vinyl (maybe) afterall,as there were actually decks there for the useage of.. (sigh) well, i`m afraid the Defective Items HAD to die. Or at least be removed from my presence. Preferably in a state that would end their reign of terror permenantly.. So, the CD got smashed. Into little itty bits. Now. Before you go on about the CD probably bieng sub-standard, or a home-blow on a 15cent supermarket CD, or a MP3 or whatever, let me ASSURE you that the CD was a legit one from Positiva.. It may have been a Promo CDR, but it Defo wasn't a MrData Cheapalistic with a sticker on it or whatnot.. Nah there is no excuse.. And this PROVES, once and for all, that CDs are a load of bollocks. I mean, Who do you get in touch with if the Thing skips? Huh? What is the number for the helpline? Huh? And when the thing just plain fuc*ing STOPS, and LOCKS UP? Huh? What page of the manual is that on? Is there a Newsgroup for it? Well? WELL? Do you know what i do if a RECORD skips? ..or skates into the runout? I lift the needle, and plonk it back in the groove again.. Same Proceedure if it gets STUCK.. Can you imagine a record deck that would stop dead and freeze solid in time until you switch it off & on again when/if dirt is on the record? No? Why not? It sounds like a great idea!! Yeah, call it a safety feature! Oh whatever. Listen, a warning to all ropey CDs and CD players - cross me and fuc*ing DIE. I will dissasemble you in front of everyone.

==050806

HiFi was most amusing today.. Have a walkabout clip here - it`s not much really, but may amuse you if you are very bored.. Good news id there ARE decks in the GK arena, so i can abandon the CD panic for now.. although i`m tempted to play a cd or 2 anyway.. since i went to all the trouble of giving a shit.. Right.. Enuf..

==040806

So.. HiFi is Looming on the horizon, er in fact it`s tomorrow and the next day, as if you didn`t know.. I am still seeing press ads today that name people that simply aren`t playing as playing - which in this age of "click-n-send" is simply laziness.. Also, there are a few times wrong on the latest public running order, most noticable is Paul Oakenfold who has swapped with Eddie Halliwell, and for those of us that cannot tell them apart or will be too wasted to see straight, this could be a major cause of confusion in the Godskitchen tent.. Anyway.. we all know the drill at this stage for festivals, so you should already be drunk as you read this, and have packed absolutely nothing except your clean socks and intoxicants or piece of the tent/camping gear you agreed to carry down there.. There is no need to box off the doctor's note for monday as it`s a bank holiday, and as it`s the NICE bank holiday (ie: with 33% less rain), you don`t need to worry about tuesday, wednesday and the first half of thursday - unless of coarse you work at a 24-hour garage or at a Pizza-delivery place, in which case you will need to arrange to be fired in advance, so you don`t have a wrecked head all next week fretting about what they are going to say to you for going missing on one of the biggest hangover weeks of the year.. I`m kinda prepared for it all now, although it`s not looking as open-and-shut as i first planned.. My original plan (since you ask) was to arrive at the gods kitchen tent to play 70 minutes before i was due to go on the air with 2FM live from the site, and then finish and er, do the 2fm thing till 1am, followed by a helicopter ride to disneyland to have late-supper with elvis.. Sadly elvis' manager messed up his flights, so that fell by the wayside, and then the LINEUP SHUFFLER 2000 moved me to somwhere totally not an hour before my radio gig (now 6pm on sunday), and then the helicopter turned out to be a spoof.. Then during a "damage control" psychotic episode, the word comes in that just like Oxegen, there won`t be vinyl-record decks provided, probably... oooookayyyyyyy... well, that is nice isn`t it. isn`t it nice? yes it is. it`s lovely. loooovely. oh yes, it`s so darned lovely that i may need stitches to close this vein that has opend on my forehead. mmmm.. bleedy... oh joyous happiness.. oh bliss.. i am so happy. yes i am. oh yeah, that's right - happiness personified in motion on an titanium and carbon-fibre framed bike with original superman cards in the spokes and a pissed chorusgirl from minskys on the back-carrier holding my million-euro note collection for me between her gold-plated buttocks.. in fact i`m so happy about having to learn how to mix with CDs immediatly and properly, i`m gonna smile extra hard as i transfer all my vinyl records onto cdrs! Yay!! Come on everybody, let`s ALL learn how to mix on the 4 main types of CD decks that appear at these types of things: the PIONEER unpredict-o-matics, the TECHNICS buggy to fu*k rotorty things, the NOT REALLY A PIONEER OR A TECHNICS horizontalers (all the same chassis with different cases), and finally, the STUPID REMOTE HEAD with the "instant fuc*up" jogwheel which guarantees you nudge it by mistake at some stage - or your money back ones.. Oh yes, we will all have to be handy with these marvells of 10-years ago technology b42 long.. Know why? Huh? Haven`t you noticed how dire decks have been sounding for the last few years? Hummmmmmm anyone? yeash, you guessed it, the SOUNDMANUS ANALOGISUS is almost entirely extinct now, and hasn`t been seen in Ireland since 2001, now only it`s pinko-commie cousin the SOUNDMANUS PLUGANDPLAYISH inhabits the loud places in our communitys.. So, no need to isolate things anymore, no worrys about vibrations and so on, just plug them in, turn them on, and then bung them in the back of the 4x4 after the gig. Savage. Less work for everyone - and a complete CHASM of grey area opens as DJs play _anything_ they can burn to cd or dvd to the crowd.. I will leave you to think about this while i get an hour in on some of these god-awfull boxes of shite i have been lent to practice on.. So, see you down there..
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X