Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 2007

==120207

So it`s been a fun few weeks to start the year - usually the jan/feb time is all about going to Trade Shows and holiday destinations and Doing a bit of rehab, but for some strange reason the vibe has been one of frantic gigging and furious file-swapping! I guess the landscape is changing? Well, you only have to look at this weekend in CORK for the session with Marco V in EARTH NITECLUB.. A Beefy night in Cork as recently as 2 years ago was simply not possible.. Trust me on this - it just was not viable, but now demand outstrips supply as far as uptempo sounds go.. We logged 2 Hobby radio stations driving into the city (easy as it took an hour due to the garda vs. speeding car incident that fooked the city's ring-road!) 1 playing an MP3 selection, seemingly off mix albums - truncated tracks and so on, and a shitbag of a signal, and the "pulse" service which despite decending to a bit of awfull Rn'B 1 in 10 tunes, had a crispy signal citywide, and a fine fun feeling! Yeah, i`ll admit that STEVIE G on the official Cork station was the home channel at the time, but pulse did get a look in regularly to check it sounded as good as we thought.. Then there is the vibe.. Yes, the all-important VIBE of the place, not since the Ledgendary SWEAT WEEKENDERS in the early 1990's have i felt so happy to be Leeside.. Srsly, the city has found it`s groove again.. Every Person we met that night, be it in foodhall or on street corner was BEAMING with mellow - now, not the Smug snotty spray-on tan faux-mellow you get in L.A. or Rio, i'm talking an all-over glow of NICE! I even thought about re-kindling my secret plan to buy Kinsale and turn it into a Drifting Track.. (sigh) Anyways, Marco was Grrrreat, Raymond Franklin Was Chunky-as-phuck, and the C R O W D was so sexy it should have been charging! This all reflects recent Experiences in GALWAY, where excluding the RAG WEEK nonsense that by default is win, as if you don`t mallet in RAG WEEK you are a spa (in fairness), the fun at THE VIC is just persistant.. Last week's trip up there for XLR8 was a reminder that GALWAY is also >> NOT GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE STILL <<.. In fairness (there it is again) The recent rebirth of the VIC was punctuated by a very hard night indeed, with it`s fair share of troubles, but this latest night saw a return to the "Trust the DJ" set i find myself most comfortable with.. It`s easy for me to do this, as i am almost blind to Labels and style divisions, and now thanks to CD players, i can muster up +/- 25% speed on a track if i want! Hah! Yes, i know CDs are autofail, I KNOW, STOP, I KNOW, but.. Bieng able to loose or add 30BPM on something, and retain the pitch of the track is actually partially win.. With this in mind, have a go on the stream of this week's radio show, on the club section, i was Vinyl to CD, 1 on, 1 off for my set, every 2nd tune is a CD in other words.. VERY not me. But hey, only 1 record deck was WORKING. yep, i KNOW. Raymond and Marco both went 100% CD BTW, in case you were wondering.

So, i have a sheload of Piccys from THE VIC and EARTH to upload, so i'll get round to that this week, but it`s a VERY messy week for me, as i have to master the fuc*ing album once and for all, and decide which of the 33 tracks we have as RC is suitable, i think it`s gonna be a single CD audio, and a single CD-ROM with MP3s on it at this stage.. er.. yeah, i know nobody cares, but humour me, OK?

Playlist for Springsession on 2FM.
    TX:10/11-02-2007
    20.00-02.00

Xpedition to Earth, Cork City for SESSIONSTOUR 07/01

*Streetlife Djs - Queen Machine (adv.)
    *kep bros. - its sound [subliminal mix] (adv.)
    *alex gaudino - destination unknown (data cdr)
    *Heymaker - Here Today (On The Run Productions)
    *pepper mashay - lost yo mind [josh harris] (music plant prod.)
    *jan loper - naked (adv.) www.janloper.nl
    *mandy reid - dont b afraid (cdr)
    *Marlo - Shes A Mirage [Liquid M] (adv.)
    *Dj Choose - Lucite [So What] (adv.)
    *Mr Sam ft Kirsty Hawkshaw - Lodestar [John Gibbons' Fully Loded Remix] (adv.)
    *alex bartlett - amnesia (drizzly)
    *Clandestine Vacation - Dreamin [Sunset Vocal] (adv.)

[set: mr spring]

[set: marco V]

==100207

And So The SESSIONSTOUR kicks off the year with a visit from MARCO V, later today, with the show live from the gig after 10pm )

TX:03-02-2007
    22.00-00.00

*seamus haji - LNADSML [haji emanuel] (apollo)
    *MacDevila - Naked (innervisions)
    *fedde le grande - the creeps (DATA)
    *Georgie Porgie - I Believe [Jamin Georgies Club Mix]
    *Trevor Reilly - Dark Chocolate [Instrumental Mix]
    *Nysse and Hinton - Silver Water [Future Freakz]
    *Clandestine Vacation - Dreamin [Sunset Vocal]
    *Mandy reid - dont b afraid (cdr)
    *alex bartlett - amnesia [PUSH dub] (drizzly)
    *JOC vs askew - research (cdr)
    *Bleach Eatin Pimps The Mistake [My Digital Enemy] (fatfox)
    *xtranova - space acid (drizzly)
    *jochen miller - twisted mind [vs. ch 88] (high contrast hcr028)
    *sebastian sand - strange bends (euphonic70.3)
    *armin vs. rank1 - this world is watching me (armind armd1035)
    *cj bolland - riot [orig] (gs2 gsII 0613) www.djghost.com
    *hertz - prioritys (sway) www.swayrec.com
    *leon boiler pres. precursor - lyra (2play017)
    *nick robertson - identity crises (captivating sounds)
    *andy moor vs. orkidea - year zero (ava recordings ava003) www.avarecordings.com
    *rozzo - in2 ur heart [guess who?] (plastic city)

TX:27-01-2007
    22.00-00.00

*seamus haji - LNADSML [haji & emanuel] (apollo)
    *fedde le grande - the creeps (DATA)
    *frequencer - bit chess (drizzly)
    *makossa & megablast - galaxy82 (g-stone)
    *Tobacco Boyz - Cairo (Phree D 002)
    *Searle & Allan - Dirty Whore (adv.)
    *alex gaudino - destination unknown (data cdr)
    *mandy reid - dont b afraid (cdr)
    *robosonic - yasmin [coconut wireless] (uca-07)
    *trevor rielly - dark chocolate (d/l)
    *Nysse and Hinton - Silver Water [Future Freakz] (adv.)
    *JOC vs askew - research (cdr)
    *robbie rivera - float away [G&D] (hit!)

#### Dave Clarke mix 2 the rescue ####
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X