Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? fuc*ing BT are at it now!!!

Look at this shit!!!

i am on a business line here, with NO LIMIT..

see attached and GO FIGGER
    Attached Files
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K? WHAT THE FU*K?

Comment

I am on hold now to the BT freephone number for ~20 mins.. [edit- hung up after 1hr 57 mins on hold]

i previously got through, spoke to a bird who gave me nonsense, but correctly pointed out that i was flagged as bieng over my limit, which she said was 100GB a month.. the stats show i am not over that limit, and i don't DO LIMITS.

i think this is just typical DSL behaviour for the weekend - when this crap started, i was loosing sync and unable to see the gateway on their side every few minutes. This turned into an eternal loop, and now i am solid connection but only at poxy 4 m/bit - up to this point i was on at 7 m/bit.

So, MORE BULLSHIT!! it seems the 'teething troubles' they had rolling out the high-speed broadband have not been ironed out..

Either that or some fuc*er in BT is a smartass and has b& me for bieng cooler then him, using the USAGE POLICY crap as a crutch:
      Usage Policy

BT Communications Ireland Limited provides national and international access resources to its customers, through its own network and connections to networks outside of BT. Access to these networks is contingent on this Acceptable Usage Policy which applies to all of our customers.

1. BT services are provided for the customer and the customer therefore agrees to neither share the service, nor use the service to share BT sensitive information with others.

2. BT services may not be used for any activity which contravenes the laws of Ireland or any other applicable jurisdiction.

3. Customers may not use BT services to seek to gain unauthorised access to BT facilities, services or resources or to the facilities, services or resources of connected networks.

4. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit offensive or obscene material, or engage in activities which would cause offence to others on the grounds of race, creed or sex.

5. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which is designed to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to others.

6. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which is defamatory.

7. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the copyright of another person or organisation.

8. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which infringe the proprietary rights of software.

9. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which compromise the privacy of others.

10. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which would destroy the integrity of computer based information.

11. Customers may not use BT service to transmit unsolicited commercial or advertising material either to other customers or to other organisations connected to other networks, if the transmission of such material causes or is likely to cause annoyance.

12. BT services are not intended for resale. Resale of services without making specific arrangements with BT is not permitted.

Fair Usage Policy

1. What is the Fair Usage Policy on BT Broadband?

The Fair Usage Policy is designed to ensure that the service received by the vast majority of our customers is not negatively impacted because of extremely heavy usage by a very small minority of customers. This is why BT continuously monitors network performance and may restrict the speed available to very heavy users. This applies to customers on all Options.

Note if you are a heavy user we will only restrict your speed. Service will not be stopped, so you will still be able to upload and download.

2. What is a monthly usage allowance?

This is the total amount of data you can send (upload) or receive (download) through your broadband connection over 30 consecutive days.

3. Why does BT have usage allowances?

We offer a tiered broadband service that provides even better value for money the higher up you go - this allows you to choose the product that best suits your needs. Usage allowance is one of the distinctions between our broadband products and helps customers choose which package is right for them. The vast majority of our customers find that the usage allowance for their package is suitable for their needs. If we allow customers to overuse heavily then this will be to the detriment of all users, so we have these usage allowances in place to safeguard the online experience for all of our customers.

4. How does it work?

Everything you send or receive over the Internet is bits of data, whether it's a web page, an email, a music track or a video clip. Each pack of data has a different size and is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). The average email is around 4KB, a digital photo is around 1MB and a music track is around 5MB (1MB=1024KB, 1GB=1024MB).
      Your usage allowance lets you download (receiving emails, web pages and files) or upload (sending emails and files) any data you want, up to the GB allowances you choose. Please note that separate to the usage allowances, all customers on any BT Broadband Option, including Option 3, are subject to BT's Fair Usage Policy.

5. What happens if I exceed my monthly usage allowance?

If you exceed your usage allowance your service speeds will be restricted until your measured usage returns within the package limits. There is no monthly usage allowance for Option 3 customers and you can enjoy unlimited usage for no extra charge subject to the Fair Usage Policy.

6. How do I know if I have exceeded my monthly usage allowance?

You can check you usage levels here

7 . How do I know if I’m a very heavy user?

There is no hard and fast usage limit that determines if you are a heavy user as the parameters that determine heavy use vary with the demands placed on the network at that given time. If you have a query about fair usage related restrictions on your line please call us on 1800 923 923

BT reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate against customers who violate any conditions of the Acceptable Usage Policy. In such cases, services may be limited, interrupted or terminated.

At no time will BT monitor private activity or compromise the activity of its customers. Non conformance to this policy can only be determined from publicly available information or from substantiated complaints from other networks or customers.

This Acceptable Usage Policy will be amended from time to time as is deemed necessary. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure familiarity and observance of the policy.
      Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 31-01-2009, 8:14 PM.
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

While i am ranting.. Let me tell you about IRISH BROADBAND - aka IMAGINE..

I got a 3meg up/ 3meg down 'breeze' flat-panel in 2 weeks ago - to help mah uploads along.. yes, it was cheaper then BT, and instead of the 5-7 down and .5 up, it was a solid 3 either way.. i tested this alot, and it was the case.. So, all good.. off i go, setting up a hardware firewall and router as it comes with a fixed IP address, and then the fun begins. Basicly, they fu*k with your sh!t.. NO torrents without piss-poor speeds, NO p2p games, NO servers, NO fun. Major loss of packets, huge lags on anything other then port 80 / http normal webbrowsing..

So, to get a peep out of things like the gameservers here, and to keep torrents at a respectable rate, i had fail it, and ask nicely for the $$ back - and you know what? they refunded me and void'd the contract! No arguments.. i just pointed out how fuc*ing ghay they were, and they agreed, and we are now friends after it all!

Actually, the tech guy was sound, he explained : 'the official line is, we don't shape bandwidth, throttle any ports or interfere with traffic..' So, he as much as admitted they do actually spoof when they say it's 3mbit up, as its only 3mbit up on port 80 (http/webbrowser stuff) and ftp if you are good - if you have dreams of running a server, seeding torrents of your work, or just having a full-on 3mbit connection - FORGET IT.

So, the stuff all over boards.ie about them bieng shite - is all true..

YOU CAN change the ports you use for p2p/torrents/games to 80, use only encrypted connections (refuse non-encrypted), but you are then stuck with 1 capable PC as you'd have to forward the port to it from the router to get the full zing.. Anyway, even with this, things like servers for DOOM3, UNREAL TOURNAMENT etc. will not work properly - full stop.

DON'T GET FOOLED - WIRELESS BROADBAND IS NOT WHAT IT SAYS IT IS!! BUZZ KILLINGTON IS IN CHARGE OF IT!!!

IF YOU HAVE BEEN DICKED: get a refund, ask the tech guys nicely to allow freedom on the ports you want freed (have a list) and he'll admit that is never going to happen..

In fairness, i have more then a torrent or 2 and some Gameservers coming from here, so maybe i am an exception, but from what i can tell, the product is not for serious users..
        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

That Usage Policy in FULL with translation & comment:

BT Communications Ireland Limited provides national and international access resources to its customers, through its own network and connections to networks outside of BT. Access to these networks is contingent on this Acceptable Usage Policy which applies to all of our customers.

If you are bold, and we get a complaint from anyone at all about you, we will bottle and dick you. The fact You pay us means nothing. You will obey. We will enforce anything for a quiet life.

1. BT services are provided for the customer and the customer therefore agrees to neither share the service, nor use the service to share BT sensitive information with others.

You may not sub-let the service, or collect 5euro a month from your flatmates to pay for it. You also may not wire up the whole Road and say you are SUPERLEET TELECOM charging them 20 lad a month each, making a profit of about 120 blips a month.

2. BT services may not be used for any activity which contravenes the laws of Ireland or any other applicable jurisdiction.

You may not break the law with a BT product. This includes doing anything at all that may be related to law, the breaking of same etc. We know all about the laws as we are a Telecoms company.

3. Customers may not use BT services to seek to gain unauthorised access to BT facilities, services or resources or to the facilities, services or resources of connected networks.

You may not play hax with the BT network. You may not grab the backbone stream, sift thru it for dirty pics and emails one night when you are bored. You may not remote-access terminals within the call centre for purposes of amusement or loling at how shit they are at stopping you doing it. You may not change the desktops to EIRCOM logos.

4. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit offensive or obscene material, or engage in activities which would cause offence to others on the grounds of race, creed or sex.

If you are not a straight, white catholic (or prod if in UK), you can expect a knock.

5. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which is designed to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to others.

You may not make LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE vids and upload them to You Tube on a BT connection. You also may not use MYSPACE MUSIC to post your demo, or use FACE BOOK to be a total sociallife-wanker.

6. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which is defamatory.

You may not express an opinion on anyone else's behaviour, no matter how amusing or fuc*ing obvious it is.

7. Customers may not use BT services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the copyright of another person or organisation.

You may not rob people's shit and/or help someone else to rob it.

8. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which infringe the proprietary rights of software.

You may not trade warez.

9. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which compromise the privacy of others.

You may not lurk in other people's computers,myspace,webmail etc. no matter how easy they make it for you.

10. Customers may not use BT services to engage in activities which would destroy the integrity of computer based information.

You may not commit (9) in a reckless manner that would result in you getting sussed. You may not indulge in Web-Vandalisim.

11. Customers may not use BT service to transmit unsolicited commercial or advertising material either to other customers or to other organisations connected to other networks, if the transmission of such material causes or is likely to cause annoyance.

You shall not spam.

12. BT services are not intended for resale. Resale of services without making specific arrangements with BT is not permitted.

Again, in case you didn't get it, you may not 'turn someone on' - you must let BT do it.
          Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 31-01-2009, 8:15 PM.
          jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

That Fair Usage Policy in Full:

1. What is the Fair Usage Policy on BT Broadband?

The Fair Usage Policy is designed to ensure that the service received by the vast majority of our customers is not negatively impacted because of extremely heavy usage by a very small minority of customers. This is why BT continuously monitors network performance and may restrict the speed available to very heavy users. This applies to customers on all Options.

This policy is designed to make sure anyone making full use of what they paid for, and signed a contract to avail of, cannot do so. It ensures that when you are told ALWAYS ON and UNLIMITED, You actually are signing up for NOT UNLIMITED and NOT ALWAYS ON.

Note if you are a heavy user we will only restrict your speed. Service will not be stopped, so you will still be able to upload and download.

If you hammer the crap out of your connection, expect to be restricted. We will not tell you what the threshold for the b& hammer is, you have to guess, and try not to go over it. If you do, we will reduce your connection to fuc*ing dialup from 1989 speeds. Hahahah.

2. What is a monthly usage allowance?

This is the total amount of data you can send (upload) or receive (download) through your broadband connection over 30 consecutive days.

This amount is quoted by the call centre in India as 100GB. This amount may change to suit the situation, or anyhting we decide.

3. Why does BT have usage allowances?

We offer a tiered broadband service that provides even better value for money the higher up you go - this allows you to choose the product that best suits your needs. Usage allowance is one of the distinctions between our broadband products and helps customers choose which package is right for them. The vast majority of our customers find that the usage allowance for their package is suitable for their needs. If we allow customers to overuse heavily then this will be to the detriment of all users, so we have these usage allowances in place to safeguard the online experience for all of our customers.

Waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle, avoid the question, i forget what the question was, oh look at that incredible thing over there.. Oh, well, actually, we have a set rate of bandwidth that WE buy offof eircom, and we gamble that it will be enough for everyone. It is, of coarse NOT enough for everyone, so if you look like you are hogging the bandwidth, we b& you.. hahahahahah (etc.)

4. How does it work?

Everything you send or receive over the Internet is bits of data, whether it's a web page, an email, a music track or a video clip. Each pack of data has a different size and is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). The average email is around 4KB, a digital photo is around 1MB and a music track is around 5MB (1MB=1024KB, 1GB=1024MB).
            Your usage allowance lets you download (receiving emails, web pages and files) or upload (sending emails and files) any data you want, up to the GB allowances you choose. Please note that separate to the usage allowances, all customers on any BT Broadband Option, including Option 3, are subject to BT's Fair Usage Policy.

If you choose UNLIMITED, it does not mean UNLIMITED. It means RANDOM. Don;t bother looking up UNLIMITED in the dictionary.. wait, i said DON'T look it up.. oh sh1t..

5. What happens if I exceed my monthly usage allowance?

If you exceed your usage allowance your service speeds will be restricted until your measured usage returns within the package limits. There is no monthly usage allowance for Option 3 customers and you can enjoy unlimited usage for no extra charge subject to the Fair Usage Policy.

Wait, option 3 is Unlimited with respect to the FAIR USAGE POLICY? but, i thought this was an explination of the FAIR USAGE POLICY.. How can we refer to something within a discription of itself for purposes of definition? I'll tell you how - BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID. yes. now go away you horrible punter.

6. How do I know if I have exceeded my monthly usage allowance?

You can check you usage levels here

You can look, but we will deny what you see there, up to and including refusing to accept screencaps. Just shut up and stop using your product..

7 . How do I know if I’m a very heavy user?

There is no hard and fast usage limit that determines if you are a heavy user as the parameters that determine heavy use vary with the demands placed on the network at that given time. If you have a query about fair usage related restrictions on your line please call us on 1800 923 923

Again, STFU, but if you want, call our 1-800 number and stay on hold for as long as your battery can hold out, or until you have a brain-heamorrage.

BT reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate against customers who violate any conditions of the Acceptable Usage Policy. In such cases, services may be limited, interrupted or terminated.

Again, STFU, if we say its bad, it is bad, and you will be b&. There is no appeal process, no proceedure in place, just if we decide you are a spa, you get dicked. Now, piss off you annoying insect consumer..

At no time will BT monitor private activity or compromise the activity of its customers. Non conformance to this policy can only be determined from publicly available information or from substantiated complaints from other networks or customers.

BT will at all times watch what you do, laugh at your emails and lol at your sad life on social networking sites and camwhore dens.. hahahah, you saddo..

This Acceptable Usage Policy will be amended from time to time as is deemed necessary. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure familiarity and observance of the policy.

We make it up as we go along..
            Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 31-01-2009, 8:11 PM.
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

BT has the WORST customer service, of anybody! My parents made the terrible mistake of signing up with them on my advice for broadband. It was almost a year before it was actually working along with hours upon hours of CSR calls and them "passing the buck" before we eventually got things sorted. I would recommend them to NO ONE!!!!

Comment

IBIS u say.... here's me 2c:

Well I'm on IBIS, they got taken over by imagine telco last year and within weeks of the takeover they imposed traffic limits on my service.

I've had no problem with any ports, all services work (p2p, ftp, ssh, nfs, rpc*, the lot) with nothing blocked. However, I took a torrent in over night, rebooted when I got up at the crack of lunch satRday afternoon and got no connection until 5am sunday morning. (Ok, they have been making infrastructure changes lately, I'm on a new subnet for the first time in 3 years, so I'll let that one go)

Anyhoo, IBIS/Imagine are AS25441 and a quick look of me local gateway showed

Code:
                Not shown: 1706 closed ports
                PORT     STATE    SERVICE    VERSION
                21/tcp   filtered ftp
                22/tcp   filtered ssh
                23/tcp   filtered telnet
                80/tcp   filtered http
                179/tcp  filtered bgp
                513/tcp  filtered login
                514/tcp  filtered shell
                646/tcp  filtered unknown
                8080/tcp filtered http-proxy
                OS details: NetBSD 4.99.49 (x86), Secure Computing Sidewinder G2 firewall (SecureOS 6.1.2.0.3)
                BGP & telnet make it a router... but WTF is 8080 doing in there? That's usually reserved for an organisation's proxy server or something... packet-sniffing bastards... and also - where's the DHCP service ports hiding?

During the outage, I managed to get google up twice, but EVERY search result came back with "This site may harm your computer" on the google page. Strangely enough www.met.ie was working, rte.ie wasn't, the peering matrix at the INEX site showed no problems... so in short....

DODGY ISP!

Anyway fuck em, they (possibly know a lot more than me, but leaving telnet around like that on a router is looking for trubbel.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpq4Tu2NnrQ

Comment

Wait - that THIS MAY HARM YOUR COMPUTER crap came up here during saturday for me too!!! It was weird!! i couldn't get to shit anymore! everthing i clicked gave a google message!!

This must be google demonstrating their abilty to blank certain sites from their engine!

oh noes!

Comment

Originally posted by -=GoD=- View Post
                      Wait - that THIS MAY HARM YOUR COMPUTER crap came up here during saturday for me too!!! It was weird!! i couldn't get to shit anymore! everthing i clicked gave a google message!!

This must be google demonstrating their abilty to blank certain sites from their engine!

oh noes!
                      Yep, anything searched through google for about an hour on Saturday got this message. They fixed the error shortly after it came up. I work in an internet cafe in Athlone, so it caused massive interruption for the punters who live, eat and breathe google! "Use another search engine" is what we said, to which 95% of people gave us a blank expression! We saw one punter using Ask.com and we came to a fabulous theory regarding the disruption.

I'm sure many of you have come across the Asp.net Trojen that is being carried all around the country on USB keys. If you have the trojen on your key, it immediatley transfers to your hard disk and offers the wonderful feature " BSOD ". So we got to thinking. This Asp.net program has to be something more than just a random Blue Screen of Death everytime you try to access your hard-drive/USB Key and it hit us!
                      A massive attempt by Ask.com to get more people away from google and using other search engines, hopefully theirs!

Anyone else notice the similarity, "ask.com" , "asp.net" ?

Coincidence ? I think not!

Comment

oh noes!
                        Nah it's OK, some spl00m in google told the search engine to report any fwdslash "/" found in a page as malware! Hah!

And they supposedly hire the brightest and best? XD This puts a whole new picture of the google logo beside the word "spl00m" in the dictionary now, dunnit!?

IT wurl' commet:
                        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01...malware_snafu/

Official excuse:
                        http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/...mputer-on.html

Rikand - do you have a security bulletin number (MS09-??-?? or so) for that asp.net trojan? I wanna look. Also, would that have anything to so with the 250MB update MS provided last week? It was for their .net 3.5 framework Jesus a quarter of a gig for an update? Lads, lads, lads....

Comment

Originally posted by AS400XL View Post
                          Nah it's OK, some spl00m in google told the search engine to report any fwdslash "/" found in a page as malware! Hah!

And they supposedly hire the brightest and best? XD This puts a whole new picture of the google logo beside the word "spl00m" in the dictionary now, dunnit!?

IT wurl' commet:
                          http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01...malware_snafu/

Official excuse:
                          http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/...mputer-on.html

Rikand - do you have a security bulletin number (MS09-??-?? or so) for that asp.net trojan? I wanna look. Also, would that have anything to so with the 250MB update MS provided last week? It was for their .net 3.5 framework Jesus a quarter of a gig for an update? Lads, lads, lads....
                          Don't know anything about the update, I'm not in work again until Thursday, so I'll check it out then We've been getting about 2 blue screens in there per day since this virus thingy first came around, so I'm sure I'll have something to give you on Thursday

Comment

Working...
                          X