Power FM Temporary License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power FM Temporary License

K, the BCI have awarded Power FM a temporary licence to broadcast on 99.5 FM on weekends only (Fri/Sat/Sun) for 10 weeks. Their net stream goes out as normal during the week on powerfm.org.

The first week started on Friday the 10thof April, this weekend is week 3 of 10, the last broadcast is Sunday the 14th of June. Irish Times story here, Power FM official here and BCI listing here (scroll down for "Power Media Limited").

That explains the posters on the DART line.
    Attached Files

wow! fuc*ing a! power always had an edge over the wanky pirates.. i'm delighted they got this..
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Oh, and

This is the last weekend Power FM are transmitting on 99.5FM. There's a few usual suspects on the menu. After Sunday they'll go back to net only casts, but I hope they get the licence together and give the ppl what they want.

Comment

Forgive my foreign ignorance, but how come the bci coughed up a temp licence. Well done lads anyway.

Over here in central europe there is NO choice let alone a hint of pirate radio.
        And if you try it, the "lads" arrive. ie you dont mess about here. Rules r enforced.

DDR Style. .)
        I AM A UFO

Comment

dance, dance, revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by brain View Post
            Forgive my foreign ignorance, but how come the bci coughed up a temp licence. Well done lads anyway.
            Hmmm... a temp licence is a Temporary Service Licence. It seems like a convenient way to get yer station on air for a limited time only (30 days in a 12-month period, cost is E200 per transmitter) so in Power FM's case that's Fri/Sat/Sun for 10 weekends = 3 days x 10 = 30 days total, or they could have done a 24/7 burn for one month.
            Temp licence applications are much easier to get than full commercial licences because the broadcast is temporary (no competition threat to established licence holders/stations) and the service is low-powered TX / local area coverage only.

"The Licensing Process for Section 8 Radio Services
            Both Temporary and Institutional services do not require the normal steps in the licencing process. The Commission does not seek expressions of interest for these services, it is an open process whereby potential applicants may apply at any time." - BCI

There ya go.

EDIT:
            Now that I read all of that BCI page, if we set ourselves up as a college or institution we could get ourselves a licence for 1-5 years, limited to the grounds of our institution = da wurl' = global
            Last edited by ; Mon 15-06-2009, 7:32 PM.

Comment

yeh phoenix fm hv been on that 4 ages
              watching Decade Of Dance: An Irish Fairytale

Comment

spring.fm anyone lol
                I AM A UFO

Comment

Gimme those Airwavezzzz

I'm Game Nuttin Like a new radio st to jam to in the auto
                  ♪♫♪♫ NoT fOr ArMeR ♪♫♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by brain View Post
                    spring.fm anyone lol
                    Shouldnt be too hard, Just line up old shows. A short introduction from Tim explaining what the show was, date etc and then just let rip 8 Shows per day, string em altogether and just let it rip

Comment

https://www.reciva.com/index.php?opt...tationid=10692

Already beaten to it

Comment

Nope i think some1's missing the point i know i do . . .

Nah! ! ! that's just a page where you link those those shows to open with a media player, yea that's all well an good an everthing, but were you not proposin a Actual Radio Station, which = Live Stuff Broadcastin across the Airwaves, Or correct me if i'm wrong here! mebbe a couple of Regular Everyday Jocks, an Guests which they could plug gigs, festivals, new Release,s and the like and for this they could in return give us monies, and Tickets and shit for competitions and personal usage and abusage is totally different barrel of munky spunk all together. . . . also i want the 7pm - 9pm slot and i shall call it ( Insert BadAss Title here ) either way sounds fuckin ominous . . . Doesn't that shit require some1 with MONEY ?
                        ♪♫♪♫ NoT fOr ArMeR ♪♫♪♫

Comment

to make an actual radio station, that does require money.

To just buy some airwaves and replay old stuff, could probably be done out of someones bedroom and cost next to nothing

Comment

Working...
                          X