GEAR: The Synergy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEAR: The Synergy

The Synergy was another early Digital monster.. It held waveforms on carts (probably eeproms in shells?) and was able to stack several sounds for a truely monster rompler sound.. It cost an arm & a leg, took a forklift to move, and was the hottest thing in the business for about 6 months, being slaughtered by the arrival of disk-based sample systems. Stevie Wonder bought one, as did Herbie Hancock, and there were units shown at tradeshows with apple ][ systems nearby as this was the fashion of the day.

It had a real piano-style keyboard, and managed some clever xfade/velocity nonsense, but at the end of the day, was little more then a preset synth.. It was later updated with a spanky SYNERGY 2 badge, which offered some hope of survival, but not enough to make a difference.

Of coarse, i have never seen a real unit, nor have i ever heard anyone speak highly of them. They Rarely appear for sale, and when they do don't shift easily. In fact, i would class the Synergy as easily one of the whitest elephants ever made, and therefore so fuc*ing uber-cool, that i simply INSIST on owning one, someday.

Today on ebay:

Item number: 300403831395

Last updated on 10:52:15 AM PST, Mar 08, 2010 View all revisions
    Item specifics
    Condition: Used Brand: SYNERGY DIGITAL

Questions and answers about this item

Q: Is this a synergy-I or a synergy-II. The difference is the Synergy-II has a MIDI plug on the back.
    A: IT must be synergy-I! Sorry thought it was a II. Mar 06, 2010

Q: Hello - Is this a Synergy II+ (has MIDI jacks in the back)?? Are any cartridges for it included? Thanks!! Vance
    A: YES it has MIDI JACKS, FOOT SWITCH GROUND SWITCH, NO I DON'T HAVE any cartridges .thanks for asking! john
    Good luck with that mate - current price: $51 - reserve not met..
    Attached Files
    jUst plAythAtbEAt
Working...
X