The great deals on Synths craigslist UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great deals on Synths craigslist UK

So, you may be tempted to go looking for that 'bargain' and search local listings for gems like TR808s, arp 2600 or Minimoog that some local farmer bought and now doesn't like anymore, or someone inherited (the best and most common spoof after moving house..)

Before You get exited at that fairlight IIx down the road for only a grand, look at this below..

From the copy of the original ebay add from wednesday may 12th 2010, as recorded on synthfind.com:

“ARP 2601 v.2 1979
    Modular Analog Synthesizer
    with 3620 Biphonic Keyboard

This Vintage ARP 2601 v.2 is the latest available model of the ARP synthesizer and benefits from most of the factory’s improvements

on the mechanical and functional issues.

The 3620 keyboard is the most functional and lively ARP keyboard.

In 1985, this actual machine has been optimized and adapted

to meet high studio specifications,

at Montreal, by a McIntosh Laboratories Certified Technician.

Better pictures will be provided very soon.

MINT CONDITION

Both units are cosmetically beautiful for their age, perfectly clean and in stunning condition, on the outside as well as in the inside.

Every slider and switch of the synth still feels and moves smoothly.
    The inside smells fresh.
    There is no oxydation on the electronics.
    Every key of the biphonic keyboard still offer action and response new-alike.

To my opinion, patches and connections of this machine

produce a wonderful and dynamic sound,

which remains stable and reliable

I am the first owner of these units.

Never used outside my personal non-smoking studio, neither over-used, since I always had more than one synth.

Was kept on a secure storage for several years.

No yellowish silkscreen (due to tobacco)

No worn silkscreen in the filter mixer and ADSR sections

Printed circuits boards untarnished by the years

These units present only two defects :

1. On the synth, 4 sliders miss the plastic knob (their functionality is not affected)

2. On the keyboard, 3 keys are slightly lower than the others (their functionality and sound are not affected (see pictures)

To summarize,

this Vintage ARP 2601 is silent, reliable, stable and dynamic

(no hiss, no hum)”
    as seen on craigslist london, october 2010:

Keyboard ARP 2600 Modular Analog Synthesizer - £1600
    Date: 2010-10-09, 3:41PM BST
    Reply to: sale-sn7s2-1997107249@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This Vintage ARP 2601 v.2 is the latest available model of the ARP synthesizer and benefits from most of the factory’s improvements

on the mechanical and functional issues.

The 3620 keyboard is the most functional and lively ARP keyboard.

MINT CONDITION

Both units are cosmetically beautiful for their age, perfectly clean and in stunning condition, on the outside as well as in the inside.

Every slider and switch of the synth still feels and moves smoothly.
    The inside smells fresh.
    There is no oxydation on the electronics.
    Every key of the biphonic keyboard still offer action and response new-alike.

To my opinion, patches and connections of this machine

produce a wonderful and dynamic sound,

which remains stable and reliable

I am the first owner of these units.

Never used outside my personal non-smoking studio, neither over-used, since I always had more than one synth.

Was kept on a secure storage for several years.

To summarize,

this Vintage ARP 2601 is silent, reliable, stable and dynamic

(no hiss, no hum)

These two units COME WITH :

25 Interconnect Cables (black, grey and red)
    1 Tapping Connector (grey)
    1 Portamento Footswitch Pedal
    ARP 3620 Keyboard Owner’s Manual
    ARP 2600 Music Synthesizer Owner’s Manual
    ARP 2600-2006 Service Manual
    The rare red ARP 2600 Patch Book (100 presets)
    ARP 2600 & 3620 Facsimile Pads

Worldwide shipping!
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

check out my screenshots.. you can see the fuc*er posting on craigslist just grabs old auctions from synthfind and makes up new bullshit ads to phish people over.. Using the search engine at http://for-sale.yakaz.co.uk the results all come up, mostly on craigslist london for a sh!tload of delicious ARP 2600!!! Go and check them out and ALL OF THEM are stolen auction stuff - pictures, text, the lot..

Same asshole also does a good line in Musonics moogs for a grand, and EMS Synthis for about 1200quid..

So, there. Craigslist - THE place to get an ARP 2600 for 1/4 the going rate..
    Attached Files
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

HOW TO SPOT A BULLSHIT ADD ON CRAIGSLIST (or whatever..)

* If it's for anything awesome, rare, cool, usefull, desireable, unique, cult, vintage or analogue, and the price is anything less then completely taking the pi$$ - IT'S A FAKE PHISH.

Here is and example of some obvious spoofs i found today..

SEARCHING FOR ARP 2600:

Code:
      Keyboard ARP 2600 Modular Analog Synthesizer - £1600
      Well Hall SE9 ...2601 v.2 is the latest available model of the arp synthesizer and benefits from most of the factory’s ...owner’s manual arp ... service manual the rare red arp 2600 patch book (100 presets) arp 2600 & 3620 facsimile pads ...
      craigslist - 10/10/2010
      £1,600

ARP 2600 vintage analog synthesizer - £1550
      Well Hall SE9 arp 2600 analog synthesizer console and keyboard. all functions are working but some minor cleaning and calibrating may be ...keyboard contacts are fine, with no re-triggering etc. the 2600 is a great unit for external processing, as well ...
      craigslist - 13/10/2010
      £1,550

Keyboard Analog Synthesizer ARP 2600 - £1600
      Well Hall SE9 ...2601 v.2 is the latest available model of the arp synthesizer and benefits from most of the factory’s ...owner’s manual arp ... service manual the rare red arp 2600 patch book (100 presets) arp 2600 & 3620 facsimile pads ...
      craigslist - 02/09/2010
      £2,600

Arp 2600 with 3620 keyboard - £1300
      Sale M33 arp ... filter) with 3620 keyboard. i have owned this synth since the early 1980's--i could be the ...idea of how great this 2600 sounds, you can listen to mission:impossible by adam clayton/larry mullin--this arp ...
      craigslist - 13/10/2010
      £1,300

ARP 2600 modular analog synthesizer - £1600
      East Haven DD7 ...1970's, the very lovely black and orange variety arp 2600 3 oscillator modular analog synth. the keyboard seems to work intermittently and certainly needs a calibration, i haven't used the keyboard, instead have used it as a processor ...
      craigslist - 13/10/2010
      £1,600

Arp 2600 Vintage Analog Synthesizer (London, Price: £1,500)
      Well Hall SE9 ...functional but i admit i am no expert on the 2600. one slider has a part of the shaft and ...both covers for the main case and the keyboard. this 2600 comes complete with the original manual (put in sleeves ...
      gumtree - 03/10/2010
      £1,500

ARP 2600 OrangeBlack 3620 kybd RARE VINTAGE ANALOGUE - £1760
      Deal CT14 ...has matching s/n 934. arp 2600 synthesizer & case original arp 2600 users manual original 2600 patchbook & blank patch sheets ...to trigger the ar separately from the adsr. the arp 2600 is an amazing synth! the three oscillators create a ...
      craigslist - 26/09/2010
      £1,760

Arp 2600 synth And 340P Keyboard (Aberdeen, Price: £2,700)
      Aberdeen AB arp 2600 with original manual. both the key board and synth have matching serial numbers. every thing works perfectly and patch cables manual etc are included
      gumtree - 03/10/2010
      £2,700

The aberdeen one might be for real, as that price is fair - but the others? WTF? TEMPTING HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's an awesum CRAISLIST for a delicious minimoog..

Code:
      Moog Minimoog Limited Edition - £1000
      London deluxe mini moog. #18 of the last units produced by the original moog music. upgraded features include brass plaque indicating limited edition status and number, walnut cabinet and clear illuminated pitch and modulation wheels. no modification have been made ...
      craigslist - 13/10/2010
      Only a grand for a plaqued signiture edition real no nonsense minimoog!!!!!! FU*K YES I'LL WIRE YOU THE CASH NOW MY SON!!!

Anyway.. so much for that.. I'd like to thank the person that makes up these ads - You provide minutes of fun as people dream of owning things like these for realistic prices.. LOL
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
      X