Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so ive decided to build a synth

the big plan is a 4 sid chip midibox sound module

gonna start off with just the one sid first tho, and get everything right, coz apparently theyre handy enough to upgrade

looking forward to this

updates as they happen

hurrah for ubernerdiness

interesting.. i have a SiDstation here, and they are grrreat fun - best for sampling source though, as response is sluggish and a tad unpredictable..

There are plenty of Midi-CV generators out there, some single-chip ones too using PIC chip designs. I guess you could knock up a pretty nifty PIC-SID setup, and custom Map the MANY MIDI controllers and events to the various Trigs,voltages (?) and such the SiD likes when you are doing the PIC..

There are lots of wafercards floating about with a PIC & some RAM on board - you could look at having various "setups" on wafers
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

the only word i understood was "voltage" and thats cos im a electrician lol

Comment

Originally posted by playthatbeat
        interesting.. i have a SiDstation here, and they are grrreat fun - best for sampling source though, as response is sluggish and a tad unpredictable..

There are plenty of Midi-CV generators out there, some single-chip ones too using PIC chip designs. I guess you could knock up a pretty nifty PIC-SID setup, and custom Map the MANY MIDI controllers and events to the various Trigs,voltages (?) and such the SiD likes when you are doing the PIC..

There are lots of wafercards floating about with a PIC & some RAM on board - you could look at having various "setups" on wafers

yeh gonna be doin a shitload of research into the most viable/interesting/non fatal route to take for my "sid james 3000" tm

gonna build a clone of the ssl mixbus compressor first tho, get me fingers back into the soldering mood

Comment

Dont forget your sprinline echo unit and ring modulator and 3 free running oscillators
          with those dry caps for all so good in-stability.
          I AM A UFO

Comment

bump for update - what happend to the mega-sid???? 8-bit is really in vogue right now.. etc..
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
            X