• Show
Clear All

• NOT FOR SALE

For those of you wondering how to get at the 3 Hidden albums, do this:

Windows XP:

* Insert the CD into your PC
    * wait till the window pops up
    * select OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES
    * drag the folders to your Music Device, or Music Folder, and then in [whatever software or ipod thing you use] UPDATE or SYNC your collection

Then, To Make Proper CDs:

* open folder in your Music Folder that you dragged from the CD, and drag contents to your CD burner Programme (Nero etc.) in MUSIC CD mode.. Do this 1 folder at a time, since you can only fit 1 folder of music on an audio CD.. (duh!)

Or...

* open folder in your Music Folder that you dragged from the CD, and drag contents to your CD Icon in XP/Vista - then in the CD burning Wizard, select MUSIC CD

Or...

* drag the 3 folders in your Music Folder that you dragged from the CD and drop them to your CD Burning Programme in DATA CD mode to make a CD-ROM you can Play in a DVD player or in a MP3-Compatible CD Player/Car Stereo

Or...

* drag the 3 folders in your Music Folder that you dragged from the CD and drop them to your CD Icon in XP/Vista - then in the CD burning Wizard, select DATA CD to make a CD-ROM you can Play in a DVD player or in a MP3-Compatible CD Player/Car Stereo

Remember: When you first put the disc in, you may get options to RIP it or PLAY it, this will ONLY RIP OR PLAY THE 8 Edits on the Audio Section of the Disc. You NEED TO select OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES to get at the Folders properly.. (see pic)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by playthatbeat; Wed 31-10-2007, 10:32 PM.
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

MAC Users

For Mac OS-X users:

* insert CD into your Mac
    * watch your desktop for 2 CD Icons (see picture) one is to PLAY the CD music ( ¨Audio CD¨ ), the other ( ¨Mr Spring - NOT F¨ ) is to OPEN the folder with the MP3s in it.
    * click into the Not For Sale Disk 1/2/3 folders, and then double-click the tunes you want to add to iTunes
    * sync your iPod/iPhone/iFail and listen away

Also...

* iTunes may open and suggest Ripping the CD Audio Tracks - Go ahead if you like, but remember the 3 Albums are in the ¨Mr Spring - NOT F¨ Icon..
    Attached Files

Comment

1/1 The Test Tube Of Life

Recorded: Spring 2007.

This was a Real tune that wrote itself. The Bass Growl (Sh09), bieng ducked by the Kickdrum (tr909) was irresistable Then the String machine thing went on,, and the rest sort of happend Various machines in the room then decided they liked what they heard, and offered to get involved, as long as the 909 had a say in things..

Matrix 12 and K2000 put in appearence mid-way, with the K5000 StringMachine doing a great job in the break, leading to the completely unecessary growlus-maximus-all-filters-open bassline Yay Fenix

And then we are back to the Surfing again - substance still unknown!

Thanks: Deram (vocals), Fionn (guitar plucks), Chris & James (Backing vocals)
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2/1 Black Cat Blue

Recorded: NewYear 2007

What can i say about this? listen and it should cheer you up. Thats what it is for. Soundwise, its all Analogue Percussion, and modular synths.. Doepfer, Roland and the Fenix.. All running side-by-side, but with us adjusting the decaytimes and such to ¨ride¨ the notes.. Oh, wth the Voyetra doing the reverse hoover noises..

Alot of Analogue Sequencers here too - mostly on Voltages..

Yes, i know it sounds like KRAFTWERK, that was intentional.

REALISATON: i could have done this tune EXACTLY as it is here in 1984,, er, probably.

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

3/1 Bootleg

Recorded: Winter 2006

This was one of the Tunes that appeared in the BOOTLEG thing.. (see download elsewhere) I came accross the original vinyl copy, ripped the sh1t out of it (properly) and here it is I did want to Simply restore the track, and maybe play it on the radio, but it was so badly damaged, only parts of it were playable.. Really, it was trashed - poor thing had been thrown from 2nd hand shop to 2nd hand shop for nearly 30 years!!!! (plus had originally been owned by a club DJ in the 80ś..) So, Here are the bits that arenṫ destroyed, allllll stitched together, with some additional percussion and Synth.. The result is a superlush disco extravagance of such massive stupidity and outright nonsense - you have to love every second of it Satin Hotpants etc..

Protip: If you listen, you can Clearly hear the crackle on the record

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

4/1 Your Future

Recorded: Summer 2006

Hey! your first SKIPPER! i bet you skipped this track as its repetetive dreary shite! Yes, it IS. But, if you are in the mood for a mind-streach (ie: its late, you are inhebriated...) then Do attempt your favorite Rapping Style upon this for maximum lol.. Should suit: THIS IS HOW I FOUGHT THE MAN style raps..

Ok, seriously, this is one to close your eyes to - an album track if you will.. Feel safe in the secure knowledge that the track wont try to sing at you, or impress you, its purely something to pass time with, and maybe buzz off the nonsense time-paradox speach from POTA..

This was the first & last track i used PROTOOLS to make. Yes, ,i know, Protools is shite, but i did buy it to make sure, and managed to get it to sync with everything else ONCE - for this track.. The Hard-Panned TB303 comes from Protools.. So enjoy, the ONLY protools mrspring production.

Thanks: The Goblins (piano), Time Travel Expert From POTA (vocals)
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

5/1 High Times

A late-night Server-Dive resulted in some really odd noises.. Yep. One night, i was well bored, so started BlackWidow up, and hit some random places on the look out for any Audio files i could find.. I ended up with a shedload of .wav and such of Home recordings from the 70ś.. Not Music, but Radio recordings.. Radio Ads, random CB radio recordings, Shortwave Radio stuff, Digital Broadcast noises etc.. Most of these noises take up the 2nd half of the tune - including an original 1973
              drunken CB-radio rant ¨This damn World needs changing....¨

The rest is mostly 909, 303, Voyetra (doing the steeldrum noise), piano, MiniMoog (bass) and the Fenix on lead again The Nice silvery Percussion is Concussor..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

6/1 Huff

Great fun here Felt like making a really bloated Disco Tune (er, as you do), so out came the Modular again for Bassdrum and Triangle and pisssssshhhhh noises, DI Bass Guitar, and.. the PING-PONG BALL NOISE! (actually a JSH drumsynth with a flat battery) The auld walking Bassline kinda made it all Gel together, and then came MILLIE ! Whaaaaaaaaaaat a vocal...

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

7/1 Machine

Recorded: Summer 1998, Winter 2000 & Spring 2007

This track was rebuilt in 2007 from parts I made in 2000, which were built from parts made in 1998. Er. So. It complicated. It would want to be complicated, it took 9 fuc*ing years to make.

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

8/1 Tinas Waistband

Recorded Summer 2003

I dont expect you even realise how excellent THE WHO are do you? I bet you THINK you do, but i would wager you are only aware of about 10% of their awesomeness. This is a tribute track. A cover-version if you will. I hope it inspires you to watch QUADROPHENIA and buy WHOS NEXT and WHO ARE YOU, and most importantly, inspires you to smash up the room.

DISCLAIMER: Although this track SOUNDS like it has shitloads of bits of THE WHO in it, it Does not, you are imagining it, now fu*k off. (by reading this you agree)

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

9/1 Ease The Groove, ease the man

Another very simple Loops-of-fun track.. Main trigger for this was some Bass notes Fionn (mah cuz) left after playing bass on SET YOU FREE (see later) - i layed down some crazy obvious-as-captain obvious chords, twirled them up some thru the RS-3, and off we went... The whole point? well, its a simple little ease-back track.. i found it relieves stress in traffic when played loudly.. lol..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

1/2 Swimsuit

Play this to your Japanese or Chinese Friends, and watch their faces light up!

Again, more bassline.loopy stuff, this time with some 12-string action Also: Feel the utter SQUASH as this fuc*er takes off into nowhere! If you like Initial-D, or just driving quickly on twisty roads, you will find this tune a perfect catalyst.. I did this the day after watching the Initial-D Movie on DVD as a tribute to things i can never understand

Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 01-11-2007, 2:28 AM.
                        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2/2 Eggtime

Recorded: Spring 2007

Sometimes i just want a track that i can play out to reset people.. You know, when you need to switch the style a bit? Thats why i did this.. Can either get you into or out of a mess.. Its a straight-up bassline roller, no messing, no jerking off with vocals or anything else other then a nice driving bassline.. mmmm.. layers of Voyetra over freshly stabby Monowave GUESS WHAT IT DOES NEXT? Yep, here we fuc*ing go, hyperspace baby..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

3/2 Pimp

Recorded: Mid 2006

OK, i admit it , i was in a brutal mood this day The percussion says it all, playing a cowbell like a shaker, and shaker like a hat, and a clap like a gun Some serious modulation at work here, so many free-running LFOs on freq cutoffs, its a bit of hit-n-miss in places, but i love the chaos! No loops to speak of, all 909 and modular, and alot of short echos and cheapo reverbs (and the last use of my spring reverb b4 it died) and the legendary rant from KRS-1 THEN IN COME THE FENIX!!!!!!!!!!!! STAB AWAY MY SON!!!

(you may now punch the air...)

Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 01-11-2007, 2:29 AM.
                            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

4/2 The real Deal

Recorded: Summer 2002

Lol, ,yes, i know its ancient! this is just 909, 303, a stab sound and a Roland Juno 1, all free-running and tweaked on the fly.. No great plan, just tweak and mute as you go along, maybe switch a pattern group, or whatever, and react as the track plays.. Whats this method of recording called? Er.. Well, there are alot of things going on in this track that i DIDNT do. really. Funny interactions, oddness caused by delays and reverbs and some stereo-width tweaking too mmm.. Chance..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
                              X