Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U24XL usb interface

http://www.thomann.de/ie/esi_u24_xl.htm

got one for portable use, as the protools one i have is shitty USB 1 and has a load of baggage including physical size.

came with Cubase LE4, a modular synth, Piano thing, various plugins and the rest for 99euro

It's more expensive than alot of boxes, but this has SPDIF & TOS (optical) in & out, and a nice small driver that has a simple switcher app for choosing the ins & outs..

latency is low, and it's so far solid with no bullshit, even on a feeble netbook.

I run it on an eeePC 900 recording to the SD card slot - a 16GB card gives 25 hours of 44.1k WAV, and with a nice chinese 10400mha battery from ebay, i can leave it for 9 hours recording on 1 charge.. hehehehehe..

The way i work in the studio, i record to DAT, and chain digital out to a PC to record WAV realtime, so the Digital ins & outs are important to me.. But i intend using this little rig to record gigs and so on.. It's lol seeing how small this setup is! Notice how i can fit the rig on a single copy of FUTURE SHOCK by HERBIE HANCOCK, and still have room to put my beer & fags..
    Attached Files
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

what does it do? im very green when it comes to this stuff for producing

Comment

Small isn't always BAD ?

Ha ha ha Taht is TINY man in comparison to your Tiny denon's n ur eeeepc it like a set up for a smaller person nice N Compact dude pretty slick. . . . Also you got your batt for the mini1 9 hours havre to get a new lappy this ones screamin for an update too mebbe when i get the new 1 i could put Linux on this un . . . . . .
      ♪♫♪♫ NoT fOr ArMeR ♪♫♪♫

Comment

Well, the eeePC is pretty feeble TBH.. 1-task at a Time really.. unless you upgrade the Ram, SSD drive etc - and then it becomes as expensive as a full-size laptop! he advantage of the piddley size is low power drain, so it can go & go..

I used the interface in Linux this week - it comes up instantly, allowing me to record from the various inputs - analog & digital.. Audacity (the linux wavlab) works as well! Good old Linux - growing up at a ferocious rate..
        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

/me GREEN

Originally posted by playthatbeat View Post
          latency is low, and it's so far solid with no bullshit, even on a feeble netbook.

I run it on an eeePC 900 recording to the SD card slot - a 16GB card gives 25 hours of 44.1k WAV, and with a nice chinese 10400mha battery from ebay, i can leave it for 9 hours recording on 1 charge.. hehehehehe..
          Oh you jammy %$*! I want that. Yesterday!

Comment

just did some tests with it in 24/96 mode IN LINUX and it's delightfull.. using a 16gb SSD card in the eeePC, it didn't flinch.. In XP, the display on Wavlab did the glitchy thing during recording while converting in the b/g with dbPoweramp - to be expected, but no audible glitches or clicks on the finished files.. So.. it hink we will be using this next weekend at LiFE for the testing of..
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Great - prototyping it for an important enough gig is livin' dangerously so hope it stands up to the challenge, but either way it's a nifty lil' setup and worth having IMHO.

[UPDATED]
              Throw a lot of shit at it during the week (lots of audio, try real-time effects/features at the same time, mess with config options as you do it, really try to interfere with it) for a burn-in test. If it takes all the user I/O while it's recording and doesn't mess up or glitch the final wav/whatever mimetype then you'd be in a very good position with it, I'd say.
              Last edited by ; Sun 24-05-2009, 9:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X