SPACE [camolin] December 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPACE [camolin] December 1999

recorded live at SPACE in CAMOLIN co.wexford allegedly for 2FM broadcast, although nobody remembers if it was!!

Enjoy Commentary from a Young ROB MURPHY (pls to be correcting if wrong..)

http://www.mrspring.net/downloads/me...olin111299.mp3
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Would this be the mix with the "Oh I'm sorry, wanna try it again? wanna try it again?... Read. My. Lips." part in the middle of it?

If yes - FTW. *Big time.*

Comment

Ahhh jaysus........"Conductor & The Cowboy"...."The Beatshop - Read My Lips" an all...I remember going on the hunt for that after you playing it that night (whats the thing of your own after it again...name escapes me)

To be 17 again.....

Dont suppose you happen to still have one of the old sessions tours from Tralee around that time (Privilege or something the place was called??)...all I remember from the tracklisting is Horny Horns was deffo on there...I think Mario Piu's "Communication" may have been too
      Last edited by Ricer; Tue 16-10-2007, 1:38 AM.

Comment

Good 'aul Rob and his legendary speeches! "Thanks for another unbelievable night"!

Comment

I have a classic "murphy speech" on MD at home from Camolin the week after my jammy creamfields slot, biggin me up & all...'tis gas....also one i wish I had & would actually pay money for was from a night you & Sennan did....screaming into the mic at the end "d'yis wanna hear lock & looooooooooooooooooooooad????" (back when it was still only a Dos or Die import)

Pat O'Keefe eat your microphone

Comment

oh dear god... sounds like i had a few vodkas at that stage.

Comment

Mmm.. according to mah calculations, there is a packing case full of DATs here somewhere i rescued from the RTE furnace, it's probably not time to dig it out, 10 years after is a tastefull time to do that...

My god, DOS or DIE they SO had it going on didnt they? lol.. MM.. so that was the Year Ricer did the Festival as Comp winner eh? Now, i am almost 100% those sets are in the magic case...

Whu-hahahahahahaha

Also: Rob Murphy speeches were FAAAR superior to Schmat O'Beef speaches..

Rob: THE LEGENDARY ETC... HERE FOR YOU LOVELY PEOPLE ETC...

Schmat: YESSRALLL FUGGERS.. FUGGERSALLERYAHCUNTS.. BLAMABLAMABLAMAPICOTTO..
              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Originally posted by Ricer View Post
                I have a classic "murphy speech" on MD at home from Camolin the week after my jammy creamfields slot, biggin me up & all...'tis gas....also one i wish I had & would actually pay money for was from a night you & Sennan did....screaming into the mic at the end "d'yis wanna hear lock & looooooooooooooooooooooad????" (back when it was still only a Dos or Die import)

Pat O'Keefe eat your microphone
                Haha, I actually remember that! Jaysus, brings back the memories. We need you back on that mic Rob. You up for any MCing gigs?

And just to be pedantic, Lock 'n' Load was an import from the Dutch 'Blue' label at first.

Dos or Die were savage in the early 90's - first 10 or so releases........ Perplexer etc

Comment

Originally posted by playthatbeat View Post
                  Mmm.. according to mah calculations, there is a packing case full of DATs here somewhere i rescued from the RTE furnace, it's probably not time to dig it out, 10 years after is a tastefull time to do that...

My god, DOS or DIE they SO had it going on didnt they? lol.. MM.. so that was the Year Ricer did the Festival as Comp winner eh? Now, i am almost 100% those sets are in the magic case...

Whu-hahahahahahaha

2001 was the year I blagged it, it was the 2nd Creamfields of the 3 that took place....was on at half 2 after Zoe (whatever happened to her???) & the live broadcast with Power started just after me....I even had normal'ish hair, jaysus!
                  Are you tellin me you think you've got that set somewhere???
                  Get that up your best if ya do, jaysus I'd love to hear that...just to see if i did "actually" pull it off & keep it together or has everyone been lying to me all these years
                  I'd kill for a copy of the competition entry mix too, always thought I had a duplicate but could never find it.....the mix that basically started all this proper messin' lol

Dos or Die & Good As......2 whopper labels i used to love back in those days...not forgetting Billy Murrays dodgy 'ould self pressed white labels haha
                  Last edited by Ricer; Thu 15-11-2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Nothin like an oul bit of doting monologue at the end of the night!

Comment

Originally posted by discobrother View Post
                      oh dear god... sounds like i had a few vodkas at that stage.
                      A good few "vodkas"

Comment

Working...
                      X