Downloads pwned - Broken links etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloads pwned - Broken links etc.

All of our downloads, nearly 10 years of stuff has been deleted by our faggot-faced cancer-riddled shitfuc*s at www.bizland.com

So, apologies for the broken links, and the failure of PLAYER THING, but there is little i can do about it for now. Looking for a new host that isn't a cunt, will report whenever.
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

OK, we are leaving Bizland for our media content hosting. They are a bunch of Shitheads all-of-a-sudden. Like, YEARS of no complaints, and not this shite.

To recap, 100% of our downlaods were deleted this weekend. We now have NO 'Tapes From The Attic' etc., and the PLAYER THING is mostly dead, since it's content is missing.

I'm not getting into a Row with them, they DID try to restore it, but wussed out, claiming the folder has been gone since before the 23rd of this month - and the 23rd was the last backup they had.

9 Years of peace in the valley, over 10 million files served with no problems, and suddenly, THIS.

So, i have started the ball rolling, to move the domain to a server in Ireland. For those of You wondering WHY i hosted in the states in the first place, it's simple: when we started mrspring.net, there WERE NO hosts in Ireland! And we only ever had issues when we started to really use the SpringBoard/SessionsTour Board - then Bizland's mySQL became so slow, it was taking a minute to get a page up! So, we moved the boards to a host that didn't offer 3TB of storage, in fact, they offer a puny amount of storage, but they DO pride themselves in having shit-fast SQL. That's where this board, and the Sessions one are - NOT on bizland. Bizland got used for their strength - 3TB of diskspace, and 1.5TB/month of bandwidth.. Fair enuf.

NOT SO!

For the past 6-8 weeks, they have been getting increasingly messy, slower responses, downtime, and the service staff were Indian Callcentres, manned by obvious indian's who's names were BRAD and JOHN and CASEY and other spoof names. Where are the guys i usually speak to? Gone. Although, today i got an american, and he was helpfull, but failed me.

I had noticed in the past year that prices had fallen. You could get a webspce with bells & whistles for like $2 a month! WTF? like WTF? i should have seen this coming..

Whatever. The vibe here is, the bulk-space hosts in the states are slowly filling with poo. Smelly poo. Lying and sneaky poo. God bless them, may they soon succeed in their mission to rid themselves of their customers!!

We are OUT of there for file hosting..
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

right, im a big green when it comes to this stuff, im only recently discovering hacking lol.

But my questionis.... How come ye cant host yer media on your own dedicated server hard drive thingy? Or is that not how it works?

Comment

you mean get a server here in my shack? i have one, for games (ut2003, doom etc.), but if i wanted to serve webpages/music, i'd have to:

[]1 get a fixed IP address, which would mean i was always on the same IP address, which blows plausable denyability off the map for me visiting ropey websites,ehm, for research purposes, and it leaves me readily available for attacks, meaning i'd have to beef up my defences and i'm just not interested in that.. FAR too much work and an on-going thing at that..

[]2 get a serious internet connection, as with shitty 7meg DSl, i only have .5 meg upstream. So, it would take 1 person 2 hours to download the average show, and if 3-4 people tryed at once, then it would take 2500 years to do the same job blah blah - so, i'd need to spend hundreds a month on a fuc*ing connection ALONE.

I have tried the IRISH BORADBENT 4meg up/4meg down package, and they get very annoyed when you try and run even a basic gameserver, so that isn't an option, although i'm sure with some work i could serve port 80 (webpages) with one of them.. But, weighing up the costs, it's cheaper for me to rent a corner of a server in Galway - where someone hoovers the mouse poo out of the box, and guarantees me 99% uptime, with no clogging and no bullshit then it is to go beefing up mah machines here, and getting in some industrial connection.. So..
        jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

man it blows that its so confusing!

Comment

New server is aquired, new .com has been registered, DNS server is set up, so this week we populate the new server, then re-route mrspring.net to it.

Then i can start working out which content i want to host again, and which to blank. From the logs, it's the old mixtapes and live sets that are popular, so i'll start with some of them.

I'm estimating we lost 15GB of stuff, some of it was nonsense, but it WAS something to listen to

Definatly changing the way we do the radioshow playbacks. i'm thinking 6 months of reloads is fair, the logs tell me the shows get this kind of use:

1st month: 1500 plays
            2nd month: 500 plays
            3rd month: 100 plays
            4th month on: <50 plays in total, excepting shows that were portable or had guest mixes.
            1year+: <10 plays (bots?)

Other things, like old mixtapes do solid business of 150ish plays a month.. The 2 biggest draws were PRESSURE and JOHN PEEL, who both appeared in the logs without fail every month.
            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

How long will it take to upload all that stuff again? I imagine in the end maybe 10 out of the 15 gig's will be replaced???

Comment

DNS just got switched for mrspring.net, so over the next few hours the URL www.mrspring.net will fail, then i'll send it to the new server, and i can get going rebuilding stuff..

this board should be fine & accessable as mrspring.info as all this happens..
                jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Whoo hoo

Go do your thang dude Fix OUR Site Miss those auld sessions precious Memories
                  ♪♫♪♫ NoT fOr ArMeR ♪♫♪♫

Comment

OK, move is complete.

Working:

Radiomixes on the playerthing

latest few radioshows (now in HQ mp3 or LQ real)

feed for RECIVA internet radio in REAL format

Galleries are all back, as are most of the clippings and stuff..

Unreal Tournamnet 2003 server files

Fuc*ed/Missing:

Pretty much everything on the PLAYERTHING and linked in the TAPES FROM THE ATTIC section

???????? what else ????????
                    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

OK, PLAYERTHING has been repaired.. we loose all the stats, and ¬30 items are gone - but everything on it works.. plus, some new stuff.. moving this thread to the TAPES section for re-titling, and to issue this message:

IF YOU ARE READING THIS BECAUSE YOU CAME HERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING AND THE LINK DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE, NOW YOU KNOW WHY!

SORRY.

Comment

Working...
                      X