X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/2 Set u free

Recorded: Spring 2006

Well,, its just that tune again isnt it? its like playing STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN is for a guitarist Everybody shall pay tribute to MARSHALL JEFFERSON and his prime-mover of a choon SET YOU FREE. Whaaat? You havent done one? You LAMER. Srsly. Anyways, here is a time-paradox self-consuming zombie reconstruction, featuring Todd Terry Sampling Marshall over A completely unrelated loop with genuine vinyl-crackle We added dome nice Poly Stabs, and the auld plasma-echo, Fionn Played bass, ,and then we compressed the tits off it all

Thanks: Todd Terry (inspiration), Marshall jefferson (first domino), Fionn (bass), Stacy (jumping)
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2/6 we are /b/

Recorded: Xmas 2006

Life is random. Sometimes, you just Stumble accross something, happen to actually have something on your person to capture the moment,, and bingo! Profit! All the times i missed were nearly made up for when i witnessed SOME AMERICAN BIRD burst into song to ¨prove she could really sing¨.. She CAN actually sing, and here is the proof. At the time, id never heard any of her tunes, so she could have been awful for all i knew - some time later, i heard the tune on the Radio, and, yep, she can sing alright! Real Deal is SOME AMERICAN BIRD. Er, yes, this is a thumpy drifter, featuring some of my Favorite Chords Stabbing away the Clouds of dispair While SOME AMERICAN BIRD sings in an airport lounge.

Thanks: SOME AMERICAN BIRD (vocals), Pearly (strings), The Internets (random)
      Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 01-11-2007, 2:31 AM.
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2/7 We Belong 2gether

Recorded: Summer 1997

Yes,, now, this really IS ancient. I forgot i did this. Then a m8 (Rob) played it to me on an old cassette, and i set about finding it.. Why include it here? Why not!! Hehehhe.. Idowadiwan. Dont remember much about it, except it was done on the Alesis X2 desk, just before it exploded. Anyway, after digging it out again, i passed it about to m8s, as you do, for the lol at 1997, and well,, er, it kinda stuck. So here, have a go, FlaSHBacK to 1997>> aw, its so cute Look at the lil 1997 unreleased track! Aw... (etc.)

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

2/8 Teerz

Recorded: Winter 2005

Another random happening.. This time upon a ropey supermarket CD Compilation I was playing it, it got stuck, and the loop in the background, the -Shimmering- one? Yep, thats it.. Mmmm.. it seemed to flutter in & out of the speakers, so, i had to sample it, and then since i was there i thought id better take some more , just in case.. er.. and well, your honour, thats how it happend. before i knew it i was flying in chunks of it over an unrelated hi hat loop.. and then overdubbing muted bass notes and drunken clapping.. i sorry. im a bad boy...

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

3/1 Spanish fly

Recorded: Spring 2007

I would have made this tune ages ago, in fact i did using the b-side of the 7-inch single i bought when it came out in the 80s , but the quality sucked, so i abandoned it.. Over Xmas i got the CD of 90125, and there it was mmm.. nice vocal all nice and clean.. Insert Cowbell and drone, ducky ducky, and there it is..
            An excellent trucking tune. Lol. Sing along, i dares you.

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

3/2 Thingy

Recorded: Autumn 2006

On this track, the plan was to emulate a big-production Disco Sucker.. you know, long, progressive, overproduced, perfect end-of-the-era cloudburning style.. Went for Real Drums, Real Fake Drums, er, Stupid Effects, Horn section blah blah.. FEEL THE BLOAT! Would have cost a hundred grand in 1979. Seriously. Got it on eBay for like $30!!! (etc..)

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

3/3 Messiah

Recorded: Summer 2006

Was in festival mood, got hold of a Sitar, and decided to try to do a Ravi in mah Front room for experimentations sake.. Failed misarably. But thanks to THE INTERNETS, finding someone with a sitar who CAN play was easy Some Skype later, and i had me some scales down, oh yes i did.. The rest, is mostly the sound of machines breaking down and the Glorious Voyetra8 in its first Bigassed Solo line of the album Mmm.. Splattery.. Also: feel the love from the Cat on 70s wiggly melody line in the middle bit aw , its so wiggly..

Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 01-11-2007, 2:33 AM.
                jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

4/3 Johnny

Recorded: Sometime between 2000-Today.

Seriously, i dont know what this was, or where it came from. I found it on a DAT, cut it a little, and forgot about it.. Again, alot of disco loop nonsense, and torture of a machine .. I think this was entirely Done on the EMU-E4XT Ultra Sampler.. First and only time i used the Effects on board! Ah well ,its always nice to know they are there, should i need them.. The Drooooooone noise is sampled from the CAT, and mangled with the CHORDS in the E4 doing some stupid self-triggering stuff.. wait, i think this track is all digital, er, yes it is. WHAT WAS I THINKING? (enuf)

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

5/3 Shake ur body down

Recorded: Autumn 2006

Fun Fun Bassline Roller time again Nothing too taxing, just hold tight for a nice loopy Tune made especially for shaking things down to the ground to. Very good for cooking, equally good to play as you drive at 300K/ph thru a tunnel in Tokyo, this tune is at home anywhere you need lift.. Lots of loverly loops of infinity here, and a special guest appearence of the K5000 ADDITIVE synth in the outro, doing a terrible ???? sound that was so bad, i had to use it. but i have ruined it now of coarse, by saying it was meant to be a ????. Now you see it as inferior cos it fails as a ????, so im going to conceal its intended identity now to up its cool.. there..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

6/3 You get down

Oh,, its STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN time again!! No wait, Love Sensation is more like the Wild Thing Of the scene.. yeah, gotta have the WILD THING in your set.. For sure.. Anyways, real Showband Style.. TAKE ME AWAY YEAHHHHHHHHHH.. great chance to dig out the 303 as well, and try the new cheapo Behringer Distortion Pedal thing.. Mmm.. Buzzy..

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

7/3 No future

Fu*k yeah! No Future Loop! Pure energy time again A wonderfull journey into the depths of 1960s science fiction! Inspired by the episode of STOS when McCoy went mad and leaped thru a talking time-portal.. mmm.. nonsense of the highest order.. but, sucked me right in there )

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

8/3 Testing

Recorded: Winter 2006

A lazy day shuffling the bits and covering the cracks Also: memorys of Nina Simone, a remarkable person & talent & voice

jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

9/3 Day in chains

Recorded: Winter 2006

One of those tunes that forced its way into existance thru a Random space in my attention span.. IN CHAINS, tune, on the TV, ¨wow¨ , etc.. Also: metal mostly sucks these days, so Getting turned on to IN FLAMES cheered me up alot, and lead to TOOL and a deeper understanding of life.. er.. probably..

Last edited by playthatbeat; Thu 01-11-2007, 2:05 AM.
                            jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Stockists (ireland)

Yay! Thanks to METAL STEVE, the following Fine Music Stores should be able to get a you a copy of NOT FOR SALE:

Athlone - Music World
                              Ballina - Hotshots
                              Carlow - Rainbow
                              Clonmel - Roxy
                              Cork/Ballincollig - Roxy
                              Cork/Douglas Village - Roxy
                              Cork/Douglas Shopping Centre - Roxy
                              Dublin - Abbey Discs
                              Ennis - Record Rack
                              Ennis - Roxy
                              Enniscorthy - Whites
                              Galawy - Zhivago