Starting to make your own tunes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to make your own tunes....

so after many years ive decided to get the finger out and start makin my own stuff....... suggest a list of programs and plug in's/vst's all that crack that i should get for makin some trance... or even techno.... just not feckin houseeee!

cheers people!

Fruity Loops is good to get ya up and going and is pretty good for trance! Fairly easy to get the hang of and gives u a bit of practice before u move up to sumthing a little bit more complicated like Reason 3.0 r whichever u choose! ...thats wat i did anyway, thaught myself how to use em! ....And My second release will be out soon! WOOP WOOP

...also youtube has a load of handy vids for music production, for the majority of the programmes
    Last edited by Sherlock; Wed 25-02-2009, 5:31 PM.

Comment

cheers mate!

is there many good plug ins for fl?

Comment

Eh, fuck its bin a long while since i used it, il have a look at it tonight n get back to ya with what i found the best! ...thers a few good plug ins alright tho as far as i remember! woord!
        Last edited by Sherlock; Wed 25-02-2009, 7:39 PM.

Comment

Fruity loops is a bit win to start off with it Quite simple and easy to get started with but now I am, (or I was and will be again in the summer) an Ableton Junkie. The tutorials are absolutely next level! And once you have a certain amount of dedication towards it, in a short time you'll be able to create anything!

Comment

Here Jay - This is a skit, you can record yer tracks too.

303s, 909s, 808s, fx pedals, all virtual, but hours of fun. You need a PC with net access and flash, which you have anyway.

AudioTool:
            http://www.hobnox.com/audiotool.1046.en.html

Comment

I would think about checking out ABLETON LIVE - it runs well on most PCs, and seems to do everything in software..

It also supports WAVES plugins and Direct X as well..

There are several torrents of it out there, but i am reliably informed they all have issues, so it's best not to get TOO deep into it if all you have is a cracked version - just try it out, get the feel, and then think about a decent soundcard/midi interface to begin with, and look for one that comes bundles with ableton Live..

REASON and FRUITY LOOPS are great starting points, but both are alot of work to get something original made - work you COULD have put in on Ableton learning the tricks of the trade..

For example: http://www.thomann.de/ie/digidesign_mbox_2_mini.htm

For 277euro you get protools (ghay) Reason (interesting) Ableton 4 (lawdy!!) Plugins (meh..) and a nice digidesign box to make you feel like you got some value for money..
              Last edited by playthatbeat; Sat 28-02-2009, 6:53 PM.
              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

wgat does that gadget with the knobs do?

Comment

Fruityloops

Been using fruityloops for about 2 years and its a great way to get started. A particular varourite of mine is a vst called Minimoog its expensive to buy but there are plenty of cracked versions our there if you look. I started out with just a crappy yahama keyboard with midi and hooked it up to my laptop using a USB connection. It does the job to control the keyoard in the software... these are some of my first efforts...http://macallisterbrian.googlepages.com/macdaddyrecords from about a year ago.A bit rough around the edges in places but i do it for the enjoyment

Comment

I started with fruityloops and found it very good, it can use nearly all vst's, dxi's and a load effects. It can be used in cubase and sonar as a vst so its very handy if you start using those programs.

heres a list of some plugins

Synth's:
                    z3ta+
                    karmaFX
                    Rob Papen's Blue
                    Rob Papen's Albino3
                    Rob Papen's Predator
                    Pentagon
                    Novation A1

Drums :
                    Battery 3
                    Addicitive drums

Effects:
                    Waves bundle

Good luck with the music

Comment

cheers! but my desktop has died lol

graphics card is no more. cant afford a new one or a new pc at the mo so its going to have to go on the long finger!

Comment

excuses excuses! lol

Sorry to hear about the PC man

Comment

i had her 5 years, i think the flight simulator was the death of her lol

Comment

nasty that, they start playin up after a few years alright, i had to get a new pc just before christmas the old one was starting to fade away

Comment

You need a grafix card? what type? if it's auld i suspect AGP? let us know the exact model you USED to have and we will find you a new one!

did you not clean the fan regularly, and then it melted? (sigh) yes, i know, this only ever happens once though
                              jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
                              X