Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mandriva Linux Distro..

ftp://ftp.esat.net/pub/OS/linux/mand...al/iso/2008.1/

Remember: the MANDRIVA LINUX ONE versions are bootable - you can run from the CD, no need to install them. You can set up a swap-file and a permenant /home on any windows PC, WITHOUT INSTALLING! SO you have NO EXCUSE FOR NOT TRYING IT.

Yes, i favour Mandriva over Ubuntu..

Why? because Mandriva actually works.

Mininova.org has numerous torrents already of the powerpack (pwp) DVD versions - the ones that include all the commercial drivers and such.. Using the Powerpack version ensures things like: nVidia/ATi grafix, (win)modems and wireless networking stuff is detected during the install and you rarely have to go looking for solutions to non-functional stuff, unless you have a very new computer..

With the last mandriva install i did, 2008.0, only the fingerprint sensor on my lappy wasn't correctly set up during the install.. Even XP needed alot of messig to get it going..

Anyways, new distro of Mandriva - now in the wild
    jUst plAythAtbEAt

[rant]
    Hah! Kubuntu works straight outta the box/.iso, 1 CD only and it's a my-first-sony distro and you can install it within windows and run it like and app there and and and...

It's so far removed from UNIX now it doesn't know what a runlevel is anymore!!! Sh1t-atttack!

BSD'll be next for me. Compiled for the h/w and all. Only snag is I need another soddin' PRIMARY partition for it to 'dock'. Boo! and gimme the fsckin' coffe NOW.
    [/rant]

Comment

well the new Mandriva is a leap again.. alot more user-friendly, things like codecs and blah are installed on-demand. But some worrieng BUY THIS CODEC crap pops up sometimes that is a leap backwards..

the new Mandriva One 2008 spring runs from a single CD, and is nuts good.. also has the 3d desktops and all that nonsense working, it's fun watching it boot and work out what hardware you have Works though.. Which is nice..

Ahh linux, what fun.. I MISSED breaking my computer & fixing it again.. (sigh)
      jUst plAythAtbEAt

Comment

Working...
      X